[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 11 Jun 2020
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jun 11 17:57:42 UTC 2020
Here are our meeting minutes:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday June 11th 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets on keyword #anti-censorship-roadmap-2020
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* Past meeting notes can be found at: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/
* GetTor's roadmap: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor-project/-/boards
* Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors we are working on:
* Anti-censorship related tickets that we want other teams to fix:
== Announcements ==
* We will migrate from trac to gitlab on Jun 12th. - Check with Gaba if you have any questions/comments/worries
== Discussion ==
* S30 UX Update
* Any review about Antonela's work:
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
* Ongoing Internet measurement village talks this month: https://ooni.org/post/2020-internet-measurement-village/#schedule
== Reading group ==
* We will discuss V2Ray and VMess on June 11
* Questions to ask and goals to have:
* What aspects of the paper are questionable?
* Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
* Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
* Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others will pick it up?
* Two summaries on the recent vulnerabilities:
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
This week (2020-06-11):
* Pushed obfs4 docker image to our new organisation account.
* Revised fix for #33835, so it discards multipart messages whose content type is not text/plain.
* Reviewed #34350.
* More thinking about generalising wolpertinger. Sent summary to anti-censorship-team at .
* Wrapped up implementation of BridgeDB internal metrics (#31422) and deployed branch for testing.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-06-04
- made some progress on GetTor twitter responder (#27330)
- created #34423 to start looking at GetTor for Tor Browser on android
- talked with alwayslivid about GetTor telegram distributor
- Looked at BridgeDB autoresponder code to try integrating Gettor (#3780)
- Implemented NAT discovery at the client for Snowflake (#34129)
- More dogfood of snowflake on android
- look at viatsk's work on NAT test suite (#25595)
- Concrete plan to integrate GetTor with BridgeDB (#3780)
- implement NAT behaviour discovery at proxies and matching at broker (#34129, #33666)
- Follow up on discussions of debian obfs4proxy package
Needs help with:
- review of #34129
- Dig into the algorithm for how BridgeDB distributes bridges
- Implement audio captchas in moat, figure out how to reduce audio captcha request size
- Keep studying BridgeDB to write architectural overview
- follow ups to #33365
- start on #31201
- looked into requirements for sharing snowflake broker CDN configuration (#30510)
- checked with Kyle about snowflake fingerprinting results
- share access to the snowflake broker CDN configuration (#30510)
- review NAT-aware broker rendezvous (#34129)
-Reviewed 31422 & 33835
-Look for and dig into a new ticket (didn't get around to it last week)
- Updates and progress on extending personas. Working with Duncan on it
- Will bring the TB 10.0 proposal to the browser team so we can collaborate on figuring out what is doable for the next stable release
- Tunde's fellowship is about to end. He will be joining The
Berkman Klein Centre for Internet and Society at Harvard University after the fellowship ends. His report will be available for publication at the end of June.
- Discussed with sysqrb how we can improve the way we are sharing TBA bundles for testing so we can run a call for testing for snowflake in TBA soon.
- CI/CD pipeline for multiarch docker images, which has a problem
with the apt tor version even though the apt repository have been
changed into the Dockerfile.
- Made a code patch for most tickets related to Part A of project.
- Learning about WebSocket and deciding on WebSocket library.
More information about the tor-project