[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 04 Jun 2020
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jun 4 17:51:56 UTC 2020
Here are our meeting minutes:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday June 4th 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets on keyword #anti-censorship-roadmap-2020
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* Past meeting notes can be found at: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/
* GetTor's roadmap: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor-project/-/boards
* Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors we are working on:
* Anti-censorship related tickets that we want other teams to fix:
== Announcements ==
* Will be migrating from Trac to Gitlab soon: gitlab.torproject.org
* You cannot (yet?) create an account on your own but we'll have one created for everyone.
== Discussion ==
* Generalising wolpertinger as a potential BridgeDB successor?
* Distributors (HTTPS, Email, Moat, Salmon, Wolpertinger)
* Resources (Bridges, Tor Browser links, maybe even snowflake proxies?)
* Matchmakers (connects distributors with resources)
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
* GFW reportedly blocks Chrome TLS fingerprint
== Reading group ==
* We will discuss V2Ray and VMess on June 11
* Questions to ask and goals to have:
* What aspects of the paper are questionable?
* Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
* Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
* Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
This week (2020-06-05):
* Reviewed #34286.
* Filed #34322.
* Closed #30152 because we're using monit now.
* Wrote a patch for #19774 because that's what really matters!
* Published BridgeDB release blog post and monthly team report post.
* Messed around with autoresponder tests for both GetTor and BridgeDB because we still get the occasional false postive.
* Tried to improve fix for #33835. Still needs some work.
* Wrapped up first version of BridgeDB's internal metrics in #31422.
* More polishing of wolpertinger.
* Thought about generalising it to a potential BridgeDB successor, and how one would go about that.
* #19774 (adds favicon to bridgedb)
* #31422 (internal bridgedb metrics)
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-06-04
- tested snowflake on Android (#30318)
- abandoned idea of doing NAT behaviour discovery at the proxy (#34129, #34358)
- reviewed some snowflake-mobile code
- discussed traffic replacement with researchers at galois
- started looking at bridgedb email distributor to see how we can reuse some of it for GetTor
- look at viatsk's work on NAT test suite (#25595)
- look at BridgeDB's email responder code and see if there's an uninvasive way to integrate GetTor (#3780)
- implement NAT behaviour discovery at client and use it match up proxies (#34129, #33666)
- Follow up on discussions of debian obfs4proxy package
Needs help with:
- Dig into the algorithm for how BridgeDB distributes bridges
- Implement audio captchas in moat, figure out how to reduce audio captcha request size
- Keep studying BridgeDB to write architectural overview
- webext repo versioning / publishing #34140, #34126, #34132, #34127
- follow ups to #33365
- start on #31201
- check with Kyle about snowflake fingerprinting results
- share access to the snowflake broker CDN configuration (#30510)
-Finished work on #27984 and submitted patch
-Look for and dig into a new ticket
-Review of #27984
- CI/CD pipeline for multiarch docker images, which has a problem
with the apt tor version even though the apt repository have been
changed into the Dockerfile.
- Established the WebRTC connection. (in Test project)
- Fixed the issue with connectoin termination. (in Test project)
- Sending some temporary data to test the connection. (in Test project)
- Finished #34308 (closed) creating new project
- Finished and commented on #34264, #34307 (merge_ready)
- Getting my merge requests accepted and acting up on feedback of code.
More information about the tor-project