[tor-project] Network meeting notes, 1st June 2020
gaba at torproject.org
Mon Jun 1 17:20:14 UTC 2020
Network meetings are still happening every Monday at 1700UTC on
#tor-meeting in irc.oftc.net
We had a meeting on June 1st and here are the logs and notes.
Content of the meeting pad:
== Network meeting pad! ==
Next meeting is at Monday 1 June 1700 UTC on #tor-meeting on OFTC.
* Monday 1 June 17:00 UTC
* Monday 8 June 17:00 UTC
* Monday 15 June 17:00 UTC
Welcome to our meeting!
We meet each month at: Mondays at 1700 UTC
On #tor-meeting on OFTC.
(This channel is logged while meetings are in progress.) (See
Want to participate? Awesome! Here's what to do:
1. If you have updates, enter them below, under your name.
2. If you see anything you want to talk about in your updates, put
them in boldface!
3. Show up to the IRC meeting and say hi!
After each week's meetings, the contents of this pad will be sent to
tor-project @ lists.torproject.org.
After that is done, the pad can be used for the next week.
== Previous notes ==
(Search the tor-project mailing list archive for older notes.)
1 April - 4 May: we skipped meetings while transitioning TPI
== Stuff to do every week ==
Let's check and update our roadmap:
What's done, and what's coming up? Any change?
All the trac tickets for the roadmap are in the team's page:
S27 - Asn & Dgoulet - ends at the end of May
S28 & S30 - Continue after October - Ahf
S55 - Nickm
S69 - Nickm - ends at the end of May
Non sponsor stuff
DoS defenses = Dgoulet + Asn
Library Size reduction = Ahf + Dgoulet
sbws = Ahf + Juga
Check reviewer assignments! How reviews from last week worked? Any
blocker? Here are the outstanding reviews, oldest first, including sbws:
Go over our 0.4.4 status page at
. (If maint-0.4.4 were released as stable tomorrow, what would we regret?)
== Reminders ==
* Remember to "/me status: foo" at least once daily.
* Remember that our current code reviews should be done by end-of-week.
* Make sure you are in touch with everybody with whom you are doing work
for the next releases.
* Check other's people call for help in their entries.
Volunteers need help. Please help them when you are around. Maybe we
should have times of day when different people are responders, and
expectations of who helps.
---- 1 June 2020
== Announcements [please date] ==
== Discussion [please date] ==
[June 1st] Who is taking the s55 tickets owned by teor? - nick and david
- What to do with proposals?
- discuss each one in Monday meetings.
=== Active Proposed Policies ===
* Pull Request Guidelines (stalled)
=== Design proposals under discussion ===
315: require more fields in directory documents (still waiting [6/1])
316: flashflow (asn and nickm are reviewing, should schedule discussion
with pastly. [5/18])
317: dns (under discussion on ML [5/18])
318: limit protovers (waiting for more commment; needs discussion [6/1])
319: wide everything (nick replied on ml; waiting for more discussion [6/1])
320: tap out again
- Do we have a consensus to replace this with a "deprecate v2 onion
services" proposal? If so, who writes it? [6/1]
protover rethinking (teor's email to tor-dev) (nick needs to reply [5/18])
321: happy families (need feedback [6/1])
322: dirport linkspec (need feedback [6/1])
== Recommended links ==
== Updates ==
Week of XYZ (planned):
- What you planned for last week.
Week of XYZ (actual):
- What you did last week.
Week of ABC (planned):
- What you're planning to do this week.
- Something you may need help with.
PLEASE DO NOT BULK-DELETE THE OLD ENTRIES!
Leave the "Planned" parts!
Leave the parts for last week and this week!
Week of 25 May (planned):
- Actually taking monday holiday off; brain is fried and a day
might help me.
- Finish walking onions proposal; last week.
- review and merge in general
- FINALLY read and reply to prop316?
- Try to make a plan for protovers?
Week of 25 May (actual):
- Finished walking onions proposal
- Review and merge a bit.
- Respond wrt other proposals
- Send out proposals 321 and 322.
Week of 1 Jun (planned):
- Send out walking onions proposal once copy-edit is done.
- Ramp on on S55.
- Catch up on all emails
- Catch up with all review/merge
- Finish triage!
- look at jenkins status
- can I fix coverity? if not, open a ticket.
- opine on gitlab/trac stuff
- advance proposal discussions
- summarize code-format status, ask for team decision.
ahf (afk today due to public holiday):
Week of 25/05 planned:
- Look into how we can start + connect to the Tor process in Fenix.
- Onion-Location docs.
- Get merging to tor.git.
Week of 25/5 actually:
- Fenix and OrbotService integration.
- Onion-Location docs with Anto.
Week of 1/6 planned:
- Gitlab session at all hands.
- Continued Fenix work.
Week of 25/05 (actual):
- Network team work (reviews / merges / ticket work)
- Catching up with email backlog.
- Some work on token stuff.
- Rebooting PoW work.
- Spent time taking care of a personal bureaucracy. Done with this phase;
will have some more to do in 10 days.
Week of 01/06 (planned):
- More work on PoW.
- More network team work.
Week of May 4 (actual):
- Some LD_PRELOAD behavior investigation to guide
shadow-Phantom design decisions
- Added more tests covering next-to-be-implemented shadow-Phantom
- Mentored/reviewed a volunteer PR
- Kickoff OnionPerf meeting
Week of May 11 (planned):
- Start digging into OnionPerf
- Start familiarizing myself with Shadow *usage* for Tor simulations
- tor-project@ Shadow update email
Week of May 11 (actual):
- Worked on improving Shadow logging framework
- Helped volunteer get their PR to improve tests into
mergeable shape and merged
- Started poking at OnionPerf
Week of May 18 (planned):
- tor-project@ shadow update email
- finish logging improvement PR
- More digging into OnionPerf. #33974: update to tgen 1.0 \o/
Week of 18 May (planned):
- Finish bones of external FlashFlow repo (python?) to control
that perform FF measurements
- Finish bones of little-t tor changes s.t. measurement can be
- Discuss FlashFlow with network team devs as they have questions
Week of May 25 (planned):
- close up work on #33609
- get started on other s55 tickets, potentially knock out 'easy'
ones first and take it from there
- update https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/gsoc
with my information
she/her are my pronouns
GPG Fingerprint EE3F DF5C AD91 643C 21BE 8370 180D B06C 59CA BD19
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project