[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 30 July 2020
cohosh at torproject.org
Thu Jul 30 16:49:03 UTC 2020
Here is the meeting log:
And the meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday July 30th 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
Our anti-censorship roadmap:
The anti-censorship team's wiki page:
Past meeting notes can be found at:
Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors we are working on:
All needs review tickets:
Anti-censorship related tickets that we want other teams to fix:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-tickets-keep <-- it
will be moved into gitlab with TPO labels
== Announcements ==
Please add your work to our July team report:
== Discussion ==
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
FOCI'20 program is out (but papers are not yet available):
*.ampproject.org was blocked in Iran for a few days:
IETF tls mailing list: "Possible blocking of Encrypted SNI extension
== Reading group ==
We will discuss "Emotional and Practical Considerations Towards the
Adoption and Abandonment of VPNs as a Privacy-Enhancing Technology" on
Questions to ask and goals to have:
What aspects of the paper are questionable?
Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others
will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
This week (2020-07-30):
Spent most of my time working on BridgeDB reimplementation.
Reviewed Gus's training slides.
Reviewed S30 report.
Wrap up tpo/anti-censorship/wolpertinger#34259.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-07-30
- sponsor 28 evaluation bullshit, still
- updated tor-browser-build#40016 with work on snowflake#30579
- reviewed snowflake-mobile!12
- opened snowflake#40005
- responded to some of nick's core tor anti-censorship ticket triage
- take a look at #25595
- NAT discovery at proxies (snowflake-webext#13)
- continue with GetTor + BridgeDB refactor
- look at snowflake#40004
Needs help with:
- review of tor-browser-build#40016 (tbb-team)
- Got very basic "suggested readings" list up and running here :
- Keep studying BridgeDB to write architectural overview
- Open issues here
- follow ups to #33365
- start on #31201
- reviewed random selection of STUN servers (snowflake!40031)
- filed ticket to add licenses of kcp-go and smux
- find out what went wrong with trying to give cohosh CDN access
- set up an etherpad for public bug reporting and link it from
- add licenses of kcp-go and smux (tor-browser-build#40031)
- (S28) Snowflake Android App UI
- (S30) Making bridges.tpo looks like tpo.org
- (S30) Planning activities for the user group in HK (happening next
- Run emma
- Discovery issues with Bridges flow - working on the script
- (S28) Review Snowflake Android App UI
- (S30) Working on making bridges.tpo work with lektor
- (S30) Sent Get Bridges User Research to the group in HK. Will meet
them on Friday. Final script:
-on vacay till 08-03
Last week: took a break to focus on emergency at my job
- Work on #32117
- Work on #33727
- CI/CD pipeline for multiarch docker images, which has a problem
with the apt tor version even though the apt repository have been
changed into the Dockerfile.
- Made designs for Snowflake mobile:
- #6 Showing users stat about how many clients they served in the
- Work on ticket #11
Help with: -
More information about the tor-project