[tor-project] Network meeting, July 27th

Gaba gaba at torproject.org
Mon Jul 27 17:56:37 UTC 2020


Network meetings are happening every Monday at 1700UTC on
#tor-meeting in irc.oftc.net. Everyone is welcome to participate in them!

Meeting Log:

Contents of the meeting pad:

== Network meeting pad! ==

Next meeting is at Monday 3rd August 1700 UTC on #tor-meeting on OFTC.

July Schedule:
    * Monday 27 July 17:00 UTC

August Schedule

    * Monday 3rd  August 17:00 UTC

    * Monday 10th August 17:00 UTC

    * Monday 17th August 17:00 UTC

    * Monday 24rd August 17:00 UTC

Welcome to our meeting!
We meet each month at: Mondays at 1700 UTC
On #tor-meeting on OFTC.

(This channel is logged while meetings are in progress.) (See
for background.)

Want to participate?  Awesome!  Here's what to do:
    1. If you have updates, enter them below, under your name.
    2. If you see anything you want to talk about in your updates, put
them in boldface!
    3. Show up to the IRC meeting and say hi!

After each week's meetings, the contents of this pad will be sent to
tor-project @ lists.torproject.org.
After that is done, the pad can be used for the next week.

== Previous notes ==
(Search the tor-project mailing list archive for older notes.)
20 July:

== Stuff to do every week ==

    Let's check and update our roadmap:

    What's done, and what's coming up? Any change?

    Board: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/core/-/boards

    S28 & S30 - Continue after October - Ahf - maybe dgoulet can do some
of this after August

    S55 - Nickm & dgoulet, ends 15 August

    Non sponsor stuff

    044 fixes and releases

    DoS defenses = Dgoulet + Asn

    Library Size reduction = Ahf + Dgoulet

    sbws = Ahf + Juga

    Check reviewer assignments! How reviews from last week worked? Any
blocker? Here are the outstanding reviews:

    Merge requests in Core NOT already marked for backport:


    Let's check out 0.4.4 release status and open tickets!

    Tickets in 0.4.4.x with no owner.









    Core Tor Releases:

== Reminders ==

* Remember to "/me status: foo" at least once daily.
* Remember that our current code reviews should be done by end-of-week.
* Make sure you are in touch with everybody with whom you are doing work
for the next releases.

* Check other's people call for help in their entries.

    Volunteers need help. Please help them when you are around. Maybe we
should have times of day when different people are responders, and
expectations of who helps.

---- 27 July 2020

== Announcements [please date] ==

== Discussion [please date] ==

    issues in https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/issues

=== Active Proposed Policies ===

* Pull Request Guidelines (stalled)

=== Design proposals under discussion ===

315: require more fields in directory documents (still waiting [6/1])
316: flashflow (asn and nickm are reviewing, should schedule discussion
with pastly. [5/18])
317: dns (under discussion on ML [5/18])
318: limit protovers (waiting for more commment; needs discussion [6/1])
319: wide everything (nick replied on ml; waiting for more discussion [6/1])
320: tap out again
    - Do we have a consensus to replace this with a "deprecate v2 onion
services" proposal? If so, who writes it? [6/1]
protover rethinking (teor's email to tor-dev) (nick needs to reply [5/18])
321: happy families (need feedback [6/1])
322: dirport linkspec (need feedback [6/1])

== Recommended links ==

== Updates ==

    Week of XYZ (planned):
        - What you planned for last week.
    Week of XYZ (actual):
        - What you did last week.
    Week of ABC (planned):
        - What you're planning to do this week.
    Help with:

         - Something you may need help with.


Leave the "Planned" parts!
Leave the parts for last week and this week!
(feel free to delete your own stuff that's more than 1-2 weeks old)

    Week of 20 July (planned):
        - Catch up on emails
        - Still keep an eye on openssl bug status
        - Chutney attack!
        - Try to wrap up all s55 work with dgoulet

        - Try to make 044 progress as needed/possible
        - Work on checklists more.
    Week of 20 July (acutal):
        - emails
        - Lots of review and merge
        - Tried to wrap up s55 stuff with dgoulet
        - chutney debugging adventures
        - triaged first 500 tickets in core/tor
    Week of 27 July (planned):
        - Proposal triage
        - Final S55 stuff
        - Plan 045 on Thursday meeting
        - Release (any blockers?)
        - 044 work?

    Week of 20/6 (planned):
        - Fenix
        - Help with merges
    Week of 20/6 (actually):
        - Fenix:
            - Gitlab CI work
            - Continued work on fenix#40001
        - Looked at Nick's CI script for Tor
    Week of 27/6 (planned)
        - Last week before going on vacation.
        - Fenix continued.
        - Do reviews for GeKo on sbws.
        - Make the Lobby usable for more people.


     Back from AFK

    Week of July 6 (planned):
        - Get code-coverage PR cleaned up and merged
        - Implement phantom memory-marshalling optimization "for real"
and merge
    Week of July 6 (actual):
        - Got code-coverage tracking merged into shadow
        - Reworked CI to move logic from GH proprietary config to shell
        and added scripts to run it locally via Docker
        - More work on memory-marshalling mmap optimization: wrote an
        IntervalMap in Rust to track mmap state
    Week of July 13 (planned):
        - Memory-marshalling mmap optimization
    Week of July 13 (actual):
        - Finished up and merged IntervalMap


        - Started making Shadow C code callable from Shadow Rust code
        (bindgen + wrappers)
        - Prototyped some different approaches of modelling Shadow's
        object graph in Rust

    Week of July 20 (planned):
        - Write MemoryManger in Rust to implement mmap-based memory access
        in Shadow/Phantom
        - OoO next week - have fun!

    Week of 18 May (planned):
        - Finish bones of external FlashFlow repo (python?) to control
tor clients
          that perform FF measurements
        - Finish bones of little-t tor changes s.t. measurement can be
        - Discuss FlashFlow with network team devs as they have questions

    Week of July 6 (actual):
        - fix up chutney #40002
    Week of July 13 (actual):
        - #40002 merged in
    Week of July 20 (planned):
        - tor #21524 and other IPv6-tagged issues
    Week of July 20 (actual):
        - obsolete #21524 for #40066
        - started on #40066
    Week of July 27 (planned):
        - finish #40666
        - revisit
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/chutney/-/issues/33604 (IFS for
shell scripts)

  Week of 13/07 (actual):
    - s55, s55 and s55 (IPv6). :)
  Week of 20/07 (planned);
    - s55
    - New list of fallback dirs

she/her are my pronouns
GPG Fingerprint EE3F DF5C AD91 643C 21BE  8370 180D B06C 59CA BD19

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/attachments/20200727/9b51c617/attachment.sig>

More information about the tor-project mailing list