[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes,23 July 2020
cohosh at torproject.org
Thu Jul 23 20:14:15 UTC 2020
Here is the meeting log:
And the meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday July 23rd 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
Our anti-censorship roadmap:
The anti-censorship team's wiki page:
Past meeting notes can be found at:
Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors we are working on:
All needs review tickets:
Anti-censorship related tickets that we want other teams to fix:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-tickets-keep <-- it
will be moved into gitlab with TPO labels
== Announcements ==
The cost for Snowflake broker CDN service was non-zero, 0.01 USD,
for the first time last month.
On track for 0.02 USD in July.
== Discussion ==
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
Relevant papers from Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium 2020.
There's one on VPN usage, two on decoy routing, and one on rendezvous
Emotional and Practical Considerations towards the Adoption and
Abandonment of VPNs as a Privacy-Enhancing Technology
Running Refraction Networking for Real
SiegeBreaker: An SDN Based Practical Decoy Routing System
MoneyMorph: Censorship Resistant Rendezvous using Permissionless
== Reading group ==
We will discuss "Emotional and Practical Considerations Towards the
Adoption and Abandonment of VPNs as a Privacy-Enhancing Technology" on
Questions to ask and goals to have:
What aspects of the paper are questionable?
Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others
will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
This week (2020-07-23):
Spent a lot of time working on design of BridgeDB rewrite:
Wrap up tpo/anti-censorship/wolpertinger#34259.
Thoughts on tpo/anti-censorship/bridgedb#32900 greatly appreciated.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-07-23
- sponsor 28 evaluation bullshit, mostly
- added more stun servers to client (snowflake#30579)
- reviewed snowflake-mobile tickets
- talked with phw about bridgedb re-write
- take a look at #25595
- NAT discovery at proxies (snowflake-webext#13)
- snowflake sponsor 28 evaluation (monday, tuesday)
- update tor-browser-build#40016 with work on snowflake#30579
- continue with GetTor + BridgeDB refactor
Needs help with:
- review of snowflake#30579 (snowflake!7)
- Got very basic "suggested readings" list up and running here :
- Keep studying BridgeDB to write architectural overview
- Open issues here
- follow ups to #33365
- start on #31201
- updated markup in the Snowflake wiki page for gitlab
- find out what went wrong with trying to give cohosh CDN access
- set up an etherpad for public bug reporting and link it from
- (S28) Snowflake Android App UI
- (S30) Making bridges.tpo looks like tpo.org
- (S30) Planning activities for the user group in HK (happening next
- Run emma
- Discovery issues with Bridges flow - working on the script
- (S28) Review Snowflake Android App UI
- (S30) Working on making bridges.tpo work with lektor
- (S30) Sent Get Bridges User Research to the group in HK. Will meet
them on Friday. Final script:
-Worked on #27984
-Work on #34318
-Review of #27984 (It's just a feedback implementation)
- Read existing documentation for BridgeDB.
- Started investigating #32117
- Work on #32117
- Work on #33727
- CI/CD pipeline for multiarch docker images, which has a problem
with the apt tor version even though the apt repository have been
changed into the Dockerfile.
- Made designs for Snowflake mobile:
- #6 Showing users stat about how many clients they served in the
- Work on ticket #11
Help with: -
More information about the tor-project