[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 02 Jul 2020
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jul 2 18:02:37 UTC 2020
Here are our meeting minutes:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday July 2nd 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
* Roadmap: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/anti-censorship/-/boards
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/team/-/wikis/home
* Past meeting notes can be found at: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/
* Tickets that need reviews: from sponsors we are working on:
* All needs review tickets: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/anti-censorship/-/merge_requests?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&assignee_id=None
* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor30 <-- it will be moved into gitlab
* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor28 <-- it will be moved into gitlab
* must-do tickets: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/milestones/10
* possible tickets: https://gitlab.torproject.org/groups/tpo/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name=Sponsor%2028&milestone_title=None
* Anti-censorship related tickets that we want other teams to fix:
* https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-anti-censorship-tickets-keep <-- it will be moved into gitlab with TPO labels
== Announcements ==
* Use the "First Contribution" label if an issue is well-suited for newcomers.
* Take a look at our June 2020 report and make sure that it has your work:
== Discussion ==
* Is there a way to accept anonymous bug reports in the anti-censorship team, even if other teams don't?
* If a random member of the public emails gitlab-admin to get an account, will it work? Or are accounts only for internal people?
* Could we have our own cypherpunks account?
* Could we recommend a public pad, from which we transcribe reports weekly?
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
== Reading group ==
* We will discuss GoodbyeDPI on July 9th
* Questions to ask and goals to have:
* What aspects of the paper are questionable?
* Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
* Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
* Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
This week (2020-07-02):
* Gave a talk at OONI's Internet Measurement Village 2020:
* Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6xEfNHkFKY
* Filed tpo/anti-censorship/bridgedb#40001; the craziest BridgeDB bug I've run across so far.
* Lots of debugging for tpo/anti-censorship/bridgedb#31422. Eventually realised that the problem was #40001.
* Some onionperf and exitmap work.
* Merged tpo/anti-censorship/emma!2 for emma.
* Provided more background in tpo/anti-censorship/bridgedb#32117.
* Tested tpo/core/tor!10.
* Worked on June'20 team report.
* Moved forward with tpo/anti-censorship/wolpertinger#34259.
* Wrap up tpo/anti-censorship/wolpertinger#34259.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-06-25
- reviewed #29184
- revised nat discovery feature (#34129)
- trial refactor of bridgedb to get ready for a GetTor integration (#3780)
- sponsor 28 evaluation prep
- snowflake proxy on mobile work, reviews
- away on vacation
Needs help with:
- another review of #34129
- review/feedback on #3780
- Dig into the algorithm for how BridgeDB distributes bridges
- Implement audio captchas in moat, figure out how to reduce audio captcha request size
- Keep studying BridgeDB to write architectural overview
- follow ups to #33365
- start on #31201
- tried to grant admin access to the snowflake broker CDN configuration (#30510)
- replied on revisions to NAT behavior (#34129)
- filed a ticket for bridge port scan usability (bridge-port-scan#1)
- helped debug a snowflake failure on Whonix (snowflake#34435)
- (S30) planning activities for the user group in HK:
- Run emma
- Discovery issues with Bridges flow - working on the script
-Was off because of studies
-Start on fixing #34318
- Read existing documentation for BridgeDB. Get acclimated to GitLab.
- Read background information for #32117
- Work on #32117
- Translate monthly team report
- Work on #33727
- CI/CD pipeline for multiarch docker images, which has a problem
with the apt tor version even though the apt repository have been
changed into the Dockerfile.
- MR for #6 Allow users to add custom Relay, STUN, Broker servers using a settings UI.
-MR for #8 A Readme file for the project.
- #6 Showing users stat about how many clients' they served in the past 24 hours
Help with: -
More information about the tor-project