[tor-project] Notes from Vegas Meeting JANUARY 23 2020
ewyatt at torproject.org
Thu Jan 23 19:30:07 UTC 2020
Notes from Vegas Meeting
JANUARY 23 2019:
+ NEW BUSINESS
- Debian 9 stretch EOL this summer, want to check in with service admins and teams how to schedule buster upgrades
Discussion: will coordinate/discuss with Gaba next week and make a plan to move forward.
- San Francisco party prep - do we know anyone at Reddit to invite?
Discussion: maybe it’s time to make a wider call. If you’re reading this and you know someone, please contact sstevenson at torproject. Thanks!
+ GENERAL NOTES
* Network health planning; kick-off meeting will be after the Vegas meeting (see: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/network-health/2020-January/000452.html)
* S27, S9 regular duties
* Submitted RightsCon proposal on Human Rights and Design track with Simply Secure, Jigsaw and A19
* Reading about cohosh bridge's proposal
* Pushing the iterated download page from [dev] to [staging]
* Traveling to Berlin this weekend; set meetings with Simply Secure and OTF for Metrics with Nina, OTF for S27 with Fiona, OTF for Metrics with Elio. FF <> Tor UX meetings are: Tracking Protection UX, Fenix High-level Road Map, Anti-tracking Engineering Planning
* I will reach FOSDEM in the weekend
* Meeting the OTF comms lab about onions with Steph and others
* Meeting Soraya from EFF to sync about collabs
* Roadmapping with anti-censorship, metrics, network, network health and syadmin temas... \o/
* Roadmapping new IPv6 project
* Preparing S30 report for Bekeela to send
* Traveling on Tuesday to attend Sustain Summit next week - https://sustainoss.org/summit-2020/
* FOSDEM in the weekend & meetings: Simply Secure for Metrics portal project (with Antonela), sbws with Juga and Alex
* Sent 2019 tax receipts to monthly donors.
* San Francisco party prep - do we know anyone at Reddit to invite? (See above.)
* Planning NYC lunch in April.
* Back to rolling invites to monthly and major giving programs.
* Moving office next Tuesday; selling stuff and packing up this week/weekend
* HR/Personnel stuff
* New shadow dev starting Monday 1/27
* Trying to get caught up
* Team seems to be doing good. People seems to be hacking on roadmap stuff and/or 0.4.3 stuff.
* Going through Gitlab todo list.
* Next week I'll be at FOSDEM in Brussels. Might miss next Vegas meeting due to traveling.
* Did first round of 1:1's with network team folks this week.
* Status w walking onions proposal.
* Released 0.4.3.1-alpha: woo!
* More stable releases likely next week.
* Circulated research director roles pad; worked on 2020 goals
* Worked on tor-dev congestion control epic mail (still fixing details)
* Prepping for Mozilla all hands next week.
* started setup of new ganeti node (#32937) which will give us some breathing room to shutdown old servers
* experimented fairly successfully with setup-storage to standardize disk formatting in our install automation work (#31239)
* decom'd a ARM build box that was having trouble at scaleway (#33001), future of other scaleway boxes uncertain, delegated to weasel
* looked at the test Discourse instance hiro setup
* new RT queue ("training") for the community folks (#32981)
* upgraded meronense to buster (#32998) surprisingly tricky
* Debian 9 stretch EOL this summer, want to check in with service admins and teams how to schedule buster upgrades
* established first draft of sysadmin roadmap with hiro https://help.torproject.org/tsa/roadmap/2020/
* various small tweaks (proper headings in wiki #32985, ticket review, followup with jim's key, irl acceses in #32999, logging issues on archive-01 #32827, cleanup old role #32787, cleanup old rc.local cruft #33015, puppet code review #33027)
* Slowly wrapping up TTP grant
* Worked on roadmap for the next three months
* Coordinating w/ anto, steph, asn, roger the onion services/nodarkweb strategy, I will plan a meeting and add Hiro to this game. We are in touch with OTF labs on this as well.
* Had my first meeting with the Board in 2020 and we discussed a mid FY analysis that I presented.
* Continue 1:1 w/ vegas leads for 2020 prep
* first meeting on creating guildelines for relationships regarding funds
* Continue to organize EFF event, event at Ford and Membership Program.
* Following up with Cleopatra and reviewing her work
* Submitted RightsCon proposal - Tor Meetup in Global South + invited to talk about the future of activist communication organized by Harvard's Shorenstein Center.
* Attended to IFF Village meeting last friday, I'm working on a private pad to put together our proposals.
* Travelling next week to Fosdem, offline on Jan 31th.
* Doing 2:1 with Pili and volunteers in Community Team.
* Organizing S9 work (creating training workflow)
* FOSDEM prep
* GSoC wrangling
* Some website updates
* S27 deliverable review
* Regular trac triage and other maintenance tasks
* Sketching some team organizational improvements
* Preparing for Moz All Hands next week
* Trying to keep up with all the announcements happening in the Browser Privacy space
* Working with OTF Learning Lab for onion services. Mapped out initial work plan
* Working with annalee_ on blog tag organization and planning next projects
* Writing a piece on our press coverage last year
* Submitted a session on privacy laws and privacy tools to RightsCon
* Upgraded metrics website host to buster, with help from anarcat.
* Resolved a bunch of defects in Metrics/* components.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 874 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
More information about the tor-project