[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 23 Jan 2020
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jan 23 18:23:14 UTC 2020
Here is our meeting log:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday January 23rd 18:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 18:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/boards
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* Past meeting's notes can be found at: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/
* GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/groups/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor-project/-/boards
* Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
* Projects from sponsors we are working on:
--- January 23rd 2020 ---
== Announcements ==
* Thanks to atagar, BridgeDB is now ported to Python 3!
== Discussion ==
* Anyone want to mentor a student developer during the summer? We have time to apply until early February.
Ideas from last year: https://2019.www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#Coding
Ideas for this year: https://pad.riseup.net/p/anti-censorship-gsoc
* Anything else to report as done for last year on Sponsor 30? Please fill in: https://pad.riseup.net/p/sponsor30-first-report
* Kyle Undergrad Thesis: Fingerprintability of Snowflake
== Actions ==
* Our GSoC deadline is approaching: Feb 5
== Interesting links ==
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
- Something you may need help with.
Hiro: (last updated before 2020-01-09)
Started restoring Twitter Responder.
When retrieving tweets I need to check for new tweets only otherwise Gettor will end up responding to old back log and already answered messages. <-- is this #27330 ?
- Work on gettor specs <-- Is this #3781?
- More with review of strings and website content and translation
This week (2020-01-23):
* Made modifications to https://bridges.torproject.org/scan/ as per arma's suggestions
* Uses GET instead of POST now, and explains the expected format of IPv6 addresses
* Filed #33008, so Relay Search shows a bridge's distribution bucket
* Prepared for and attended roadmapping meeting
* One-on-one with isabela
* Reviewed #32711
* TTP grant writing and meeting
* Roadmap post-processing (e.g., formalising goal statements)
* More grant writing
Last week (Jan 16th):
This week (planned):
* sponsor 30 report
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-01-23
- anti-censorship team roadmapping
- revised, merged, and deployed gettor gitlab fixes (#32711)
- switched github gettor provider to new repository (#32977)
- wrote up some descriptions for GSoC projects
- more work on snowflake throughput checks (#32938)
- started working on a localization fix for gettor binaries(#33002)
- grant writing
- fixes for local GetTor tests (#33004)
- grant revising
- look at reports of shadow socks blocking
- check in on censorship measurements again
- finish up snowflake throughput checks (#32938)
- finish up localization fix for gettor (#33002)
Needs help with:
- review of #31971 (from tor browser team)
- review of #33004 (hiro?)
- read up on turbo tunnel
- start on #19026
- small logging fixes in Snowflake (#33011)
- opened an issue to decide the fate of the go-webrtc repo https://github.com/keroserene/go-webrtc/issues/109
- turbo tunnel in Snowflake
- do Let's Encrypt upgrade for Snowflake bridge (#32964)
- took a stab at #31009, but couldn't find an IPv6 replacement
for router_pick_published_address(). ahf's going to take it.
- try to do better at asking for help :)
More information about the tor-project