[tor-project] [Notes] Re: S30 Meeting on Tuesday 14th January 2020

Gaba gaba at torproject.org
Tue Jan 14 20:51:33 UTC 2020

El 1/14/20 a las 8:15 AM, Gaba escribió:
> Hi!
>
> We are meeting today for the S30 project [0]. The meeting with be at
> 1800 UTC in #tor-meeting, irc.oftc.net
>
> cheers,
> gaba
>
> [0] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor30

NEXT Meeting: February 11th ,18 UTC

And here are the notes from the meeting on January 14th:

    Status (what you are working on, what is your plan for next month,
anything you need help with)

    obj 1 (OONI)
	    Working on:
	   	 Finalizing the integration of the Psiphon test into OONI Probe
desktop. This is likely going to be finished by the end of the current
sprint (end of this week).
    		https://github.com/ooni/probe/issues/804
		https://github.com/ooni/probe-desktop/pull/88

	    Working on integrating Tor related tests inside of probe-engine and
probe-cli. See: https://github.com/ooni/probe-engine/issues/226
		Would be great to have feedback from the anticensorship team on the
specification for this test: https://github.com/ooni/spec/pull/175 (see
comments with tag @nullhypothesis)

	    Working on supporting giving out testing targets dynamically to
probes with OONI orchestra: https://github.com/ooni/orchestra/issues/82
		Our current focus is just giving out bridge addresses which are
already public and/or public tor relays, but we are designing the system
in such a way that it can work also for private credentials:
		    the bridge fingeprint should be hashed and IPs stripped from the
measurement file
		    the request to the OONI orchestra backend is authenticated using
the a key created by each probe, meaning we could in theory partition
the bridges

	    Data analysis and processing layer for Psiphon tests

	    Plan for next month:
		    Ship OONI Probe Desktop with circumvention tool tests, yay!
		    Design the UI for the Tor test results
		    More analysis of test results once we have started collecting
measurements

    obj 2

	    We aim to run user research over bridges during IFF. It will inform
our work on O2. --antonela
	    I have capacity to start working on S30 in April, after OTF's onion
services ends. --antonela
	    Already completed gathering user-centric BridgeDB metrics; will
work on gathering BridgeDB-centric metrics as well. (Obj 2.1) --phw
	    Been working on a variety of BridgeDB UX improvements, e.g., our
language switcher (Obj 2.2) --phw
	    Improved our obfs4 bridge setup guides and created obfs4 docker
container (Obj 2.4) --phw
	    We ran a bridge setup campaign resulting in approximately 100 new
bridges (Obj 2.4) --phw
	    Plan for wrap up BridgeDB metrics soon --phw
	    Plan to think more about new bridge distribution strategies --phw
	    Plan to brainstorm with OONI on feedback cycle between BridgeDB &
OONI --phw

    obj 3

	    #31282 - Worked with Tunde on the interview questionnaire,
pre-tested it with users, and following his travels (this and next
month) on interviewing users. --antonela

    OONI <> Anti-Censorship dependencies:

	    Objective 2.3 - A1 - starts collaboration between Anti-censorship
team and OONI. Everything on track? See
	    Challenge: how can we do this without making it easy for censors to
get bridges (by pretending to run OONI probes and blocking the bridges
they get this way)

	    OONI needs reviews for:
		    https://github.com/ooni/spec/pull/175 (on phw list)
 		    https://github.com/ooni/probe-engine/pull/227 (on phw list)

    OONI <> UX dependencies

https://github.com/orgs/ooni/projects/18?card_filter_query=label%3Aux#card-31632601

    Timeline updated: https://nc.riseup.net/s/JQfpF2QY42ZxZgM

    First Report - please add the work you have done (related to s30) to
this draft    https://pad.riseup.net/p/sponsor30-first-report

Log:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-01-14-17.59.log.html

cheers,
gaba

--
Project Manager: Network, Anti-Censorship and Metrics teams
gaba at torproject.org
she/her are my pronouns
GPG Fingerprint EE3F DF5C AD91 643C 21BE  8370 180D B06C 59CA BD19