[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes 09 January 2019

Cecylia Bocovich cohosh at torproject.org
Thu Jan 9 18:18:37 UTC 2020

Here is our meeting log:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-01-09-17.59.html

And here is our meeting pad:

Anti-censorship work meeting pad
--------------------------------

Next meeting: Thursday January 9th 18:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 18:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

== Goal of this meeting ==

Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.

== Links to Useful documents ==

	* Our anti-censorship roadmap:
https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/boards
		* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
	* The anti-censorship team's wiki page:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
	* GetTor's roadmap:
https://dip.torproject.org/groups/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor-project/-/boards
	* Tickets that need reviews:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority

	* Projects from sponsors we are working on:
		* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor30
		* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor28

-------------------------
--- January  9th 2020 ---
-------------------------

== Announcements ==

	*

== Discussion ==

	* Anyone want to mentor a student developer during the summer? We have
time to apply until early February.
	https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline
	Ideas from last year:
https://2019.www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#Coding

== Actions ==

	*

== Interesting links ==

	*

== Updates ==

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to
anti-censorship work).
    Help with:
	     - Something you may need help with.

Hiro: (last updated before 2020-01-09)
    Started restoring Twitter Responder.
	    When retrieving tweets I need to check for new tweets only
otherwise Gettor will end up responding to old back log and already
answered messages. <-- is this #27330 ?
    Next Week:
      - Work on gettor specs <-- Is this #3781?
      - More with review of strings and website content and translation

phw:
  This week (2020-01-02):
		* Catching up on emails.
		* Tried to write patch for #31009.
  Next week:
		* Helping with grant writing.
  Help with:
		* Let me know if you have thoughts on a potential BridgeDB rewrite
			* https://bugs.torproject.org/32900

Gaba: ()
   Last week (Dec 16th):
			* s30 tracking
	This week (planned): AFK until January 9th. I'm on signal if needed

cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-01-09
Last week:
    - finish debugging windows issues with snowflake (#31971)
    - update pion library version for Tor Browser (#32870)
    - grant writing
    - thought about passing STUN information through broker (#25591)
    - worked on updating and debugging gettor (#32906)
    - got a start at fixing the gitlab gettor distributor (#32711)

This week:
    - finish gitlab gettor fixes(#32711)
    - think about gsoc projects
    - iterate on gettor survival guide
    - debug more issues with gettor links database
    - update gettor for newest tor browser alpha
    - look at reports of shadow socks blocking
    - snowflake proxy UX (#31109)

Needs help with:
    - review of #31971 (from tor browser team)

arlolra: 2019-12-12
	Last week:
		- merged #32499
	Next week:
		- read up on turbo tunnel
		- pick a new task (#31902, #31201, #19026, ?)
	Help with:
		-

dcf: 2020-01-09, will miss 2020-01-09 meeting
	Last week:
		- worked on turning off the non-IPv6 Snowflake broker (#32502)
	Next week:
		- delete the old broker (#32502)
		- turbo tunnel in Snowflake
	Help with:

cjb: last updated 2019-01-09
   Last week:
    - came up with a patch for #31011, testing seems difficult, will ask
for help in the ticket.
   Next week:
   Help with: