[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 2 Jan 2020
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jan 2 18:17:44 UTC 2020
We had a rather brief meeting today. Here's our log:
And here's the content of our new meeting pad, which now exists at:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday January 2nd 18:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 18:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/boards
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/groups/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor-project/-/boards
* Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
* Projects from sponsors we are working on:
--- January 2nd 2020 ---
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
* Anyone want to mentor a student developer during the summer? We have time to apply until early February.
Ideas from last year: https://2019.www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#Coding
== Actions ==
* Please add your December 2019 highlights to our monthly report pad
== Interesting links ==
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
- Something you may need help with.
Started restoring Twitter Responder.
When retrieving tweets I need to check for new tweets only otherwise Gettor will end up responding to old back log and already answered messages. <-- is this #27330 ?
- Work on gettor specs <-- Is this #3781?
- More with review of strings and website content and translation
This week (2020-01-02):
* Catching up on emails.
* Tried to write patch for #31009.
* Helping with grant writing.
Last week (Dec 16th):
* s30 tracking
This week (planned): AFK until January 9th. I'm on signal if needed
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-01-02
- finish debugging windows issues with snowflake (#31971)
- update pion library version for Tor Browser (#32870)
- update gettor distributors
- look at snowflake backlog for sponsor 28
- finish up nsf grant draft
- think about gsoc projects
- merged #32499
- read up on turbo tunnel
- pick a new task (#31902, #31201, #19026, ?)
- copied logs and turned off the non-IPv6 broker (#32502)
- published a meek turbotunnel branch https://github.com/net4people/bbs/issues/21
- delete the old broker (#32502)
- turbo tunnel in Snowflake
- was looking for a good first ticket and found https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/31011, I'll give it
it a try this week if that seems reasonable?
- it looks like it has a companion ticket of https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/31009 which just needs
someone to take a patch from Trac and put it in a GitHub PR
More information about the tor-project