[tor-project] Tor Browser Team Meeting Notes, 18 February 2020
sysrqb at torproject.org
Mon Feb 24 17:02:59 UTC 2020
Last week we held our weekly meeting.
The meeting log can be read here:
Some highlights from the meeting:
- Continued the discussion on releasing Alpha-series updates more frequently
- Reminder about feedback cycle deadlines
- Explanation about submitting Tor Browser releases to VirusTotal, past and future
Week of February 17, 2020
- reviewed #19757
- #32645 work
- built testing plan
- patch submitted for review
- started work on #13410
- got my build machine working (so I can make builds for releases again woop woop)
- PRESIDENTS DAY
- get out a patch for #13410 (bad ssl splash screens)
- check back in on Mozilla #1532486 (Ensure media cache is memory-only when in private browsing mode)
- marked needinfo so probably needs a patch update
- maybe get a patch out for #33298 (HTTP form should get warning popup when coming from onion site)
- #28005 (https-everywhere .onion redirects):
- done test builds and patches for review
- sent e-mail re: securedrop update channels and https-everywhere modifications
- Rebase Tor Browser patches onto mozilla-central.
- Take a quick look at #32767 issues to see if it has a simple solution.
mcs and brade:
- Sponsor 27 work:
- Revised our patches for #19757 (permanent storage of client auth keys).
- Ready to land?
- Reviewed strings and commented in #33035 (create strings for onion service error pages).
- Continued to work on #19251 (onion services error page).
- Code review for #32645 (Update URL bar onion indicators).
- More work on #19251 (onion services error page).
- The implementation is nearly done; we plan to post patches for review soon.
- Strings and “Learn More” URLs are blockers for us (tracked in #33035).
- Compose self & peer feedback for TPI Feedback Cycle 2020-1.
- Ion Patch finally landed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1599226
Tor Browser releases
Blog post monitoring
Consider another alpha release next week
- Helped with signing/publishing of new releases
- Made patches for #33283 (Add caching for the exec function in rbm)
- Started looking at #33289 (Expand list of targets more efficiently) to try to make rbm faster
- Tried to setup rsync to nightlies.tbb.torproject.org (#32800) but did not succeed yet
- Looked at blog comments
- Finish setup of nightly mar signing/rsync to nightlies.tbb.torproject.org
- Make patches to add mar signing key to tor-browser.git, and update app.update.url for nightly
- Look at testsuite setup
- Some reviews
- Try to help with #32650 (Check translations for bogus characters)
- Review #32456 (Add a question in support.tpo about anti-virus reporting a virus in Tor Browser)
- #31130 - Debian Upgrade for Android - ready for review. All platforms are building.
- #33359 - Use latest version of TOPL and remove patches - ready for review
- #32476 - JNI layer for tor - moved JNI class to tor android and started some work to integrate with topl
-#28794 - Android build of tor - this needs review
- Next priorities to work on?
- mostly afk with flu
- Catching up on sponsor work and roadmaps
- trac triage
More information about the tor-project