[tor-project] Anti-censorship team meeting notes 20 February 2020
cohosh at torproject.org
Thu Feb 20 19:04:15 UTC 2020
Here is our meeting log:
And our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday February 20th 18:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 18:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
Our anti-censorship roadmap:
Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets. For 2020 Q1, the
trac keyword is anti-censorship-roadmap-2020Q1
The anti-censorship team's wiki page:
Past meeting's notes can be found at:
Tickets that need reviews:
Projects from sponsors we are working on:
--- February 20th 2020 --
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
https://github.com/edwardz246003/shadowsocks Redirect attack on
Shadowsocks stream ciphers
tldr: Shadowsocks stream ciphers do not even provide confidentiality
(AEAD ciphers are ok)
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to
- Something you may need help with.
Hiro: (last updated before 2020-01-09)
Started restoring Twitter Responder.
When retrieving tweets I need to check for new tweets only
otherwise Gettor will end up responding to old back log and already
answered messages. <-- is this #27330 ?
- Work on gettor specs <-- Is this #3781?
- More with review of strings and website content and translation
This week (2020-02-20):
Will be gone until our Mar 12 meeting.
Merged and deployed BridgeDB's Python 3 port (#30946).
Retired scramblesuit, obfs3, and fte from BridgeDB.
Refactored email distributor check tool for #12802.
Wrote OONI patches for new default bridge.
Write a summary of our current BridgeDB distribution mechanisms and
brainstorm new ones
Last week ():
This week (planned):
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2020-02-20
- afk monday for public holiday
- reviewed #33299
- looked at webext issues and reviewed #33367
- grant writing
- finished up adding db tests for gettor (and fixed some db issues)
- dogfood turbotunnel + snowflake
- revised work to ignore quoted text in gettor emails (#23225)
- worked to investigate proxy-go CPU usage (#33211)
- revised ignoring quoted help text in GetTor emails (#33343)
- UI mock up for snowflake throughput check (#32938)
- more work on proxy-go CPU usage (#33211)
- Investigate passing STUN information from Broker to client (#25591)
- Do more profiling for Snowflake (memory, goroutines, and CPU)
- Aggregate and write up a report of snowflake throughput changes
- write up snowflake scaling thoughts for mailing list
- send grant to some external reviewers
- pick up another gettor ticket
Needs help with:
- review of #33343, #33191, #23225
- merged the client part of #19026
- maybe the proxy parts of #19026
- pick another task?
- helped debug a snowflake server memory leak (#33367)
- made a patch to ignore client IP addresses of 0.0.0.0 for stats
- deployed a snowflake turbotunnel bridge and Tor Browser packages
that use it (#33336)
- announce snowflake-turbotunnel bundles for somewhat wider testing
- DNS-over-HTTPS prototyping
- got feedback on #31011!
- answering feedback, started poking at golang snowflake proxy
- Submitted fix for #31967
- Worked on #31876
- Submit first draft of #31876
More information about the tor-project