[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 13 Feb 2020
phw at torproject.org
Thu Feb 13 18:58:45 UTC 2020
Here are our meeting minutes:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday February 13th 18:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 18:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/boards
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets. For 2020 Q1, the trac keyword is anti-censorship-roadmap-2020Q1
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* Past meeting's notes can be found at: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/
* GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/groups/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor-project/-/boards
* Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
* Projects from sponsors we are working on:
--- February 13th 2020 --
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
* shall we use un-reviewed yet complete translations in snowflake? see #33132 and #32035
* an update on the discussion on tor library size from meeting with TGP this week?
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
- Something you may need help with.
Hiro: (last updated before 2020-01-09)
Started restoring Twitter Responder.
When retrieving tweets I need to check for new tweets only otherwise Gettor will end up responding to old back log and already answered messages. <-- is this #27330 ?
- Work on gettor specs <-- Is this #3781?
- More with review of strings and website content and translation
This week (2020-02-13):
* Merged #32860 (make obfs4 Docker image smaller).
* Still more work on Python 3 port. Should be almost done now. Test-deployment on polyanthum will probably highlight more issues though.
* Created OONI pull request to add our latest default bridge to their scan targets.
* Wrote BridgeDB "what's new?" blog post with Steph's help: https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-bridgedb-093
* Attended Sponsor 30 sync meeting.
* Filed #33299 (retire obfs3, scramblesuit, and fte from BridgeDB) and wrote a patch.
* Closing #33007 now that our bridge campaign retrospective is done.
* Hopefully finish Python 3 port
* Write a summary of our current BridgeDB distribution mechanisms and brainstorm new ones
Last week (Feb 13th):
This week (planned):
* prioritize roadmap into gitlab
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-02-13
- reviewed #30716, #32860, #19026
- finished up fixes for gettor's rate limiting (#33123)
- moved gettor's database library from twisted and wrote some tests for gettor's database functions (#33193)
- have GetTor ignore quoted help message (#23225)
- worked with emmapeel on updates to snowflake's translation (#33132 and #33306)
- grant revisions
- discussed snowflake scaling for a future grant
- checked out most recent snowflake + turbotunnel changes and dogfood
- UI mock up for snowflake throughput check (#32938)
- Aggregate and write up a report of snowflake throughput changes
- work on snowflake proxy-go issues (#33211)
- write up snowflake scaling thoughts for mailing list
- send grant to some external reviewers
- pick up another gettor ticket
Needs help with:
- review of #31971 (from tor browser team, in progress)
- review of #33193 and #33123 (hiro)
- review of #23225 (phw?)
- merged the client part of #19026
- maybe the proxy parts of #19026
- pick another task?
- did Let's Encrypt upgrade for Snowflake bridge (#32964)
- made Tor Browser builds with Snowflake and Turbo Tunnel
- open ticket to deploy the turbotunnel Snowflake bridge
- not much time!
- saw another request for an Android proxy app with golang snowflake code go by,
am up for helping getting that going.
- still waiting for review of #31011, will make it a PR on GitHub
-Struggled with setting up Bridgedb, finally got it up running, #31967 basiclly fixed
-Test #31967 fix, Fix #31876
-Is there a certain test specification I should follow for testing fixes?
More information about the tor-project