[tor-project] Shadow status (Sponsor 38)
jnewsome at torproject.org
Mon Feb 10 23:04:15 UTC 2020
For those I haven't met yet, I recently joined The Tor Project and will
be working on the Shadow <https://shadow.github.io/> simulator for the
project. On the Tor side I'll be part of the Network team
plan to aim for ~monthly status updates here.
* I started two weeks ago, and spent the first couple days having an
orientation and kickoff with Rob Jansen (NRL)
* I've been doing some work to improve development assurance and
o Migrated the documentation from a GitHub wiki into the source
repository itself, so that changes can go through the same
review process and to help keep it in sync with code changes.
o Added a GitHub workflow to ensure Shadow builds and its tests
pass in every pull request and commit to master [#707
o Made progress on fixing compiler warnings so that we can enable
-Werror (i.e. prevent new warnings from slipping in unnoticed)
Activities planned in the next ~month:
* Continue making development assurance and velocity improvements.
* Develop a plan for incrementally migrating Shadow to Rust. We'dlike
to get to a state where new code is written in Rust rather than in C.
* Start redesigning TCP emulation, with an eye towards modularizing
and porting to Rust.
* Start working on process-based separation.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tor-project