[tor-project] ANN: Updated Tor Browser Signing Key

Matthew Finkel sysrqb at torproject.org
Mon Dec 14 20:35:43 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

The OpenPGP Tor Browser signing key is due to expire this Saturday (19
December). While we usually rotate the signing key, we extended the
expiration date instead due to the difficulty of activating a new key at
this time. The signing key now expires on 12 June 2021. We may extend
the expiration date again when we get closer to that date if key
rotation is not a viable option over the next 6 months.

The updated key is available from keys.openpgp.org [0], and it will be
available from The Tor Project's key server [1] within the next few
days.

[0] https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=torbrowser%40torproject.org
[1] https://support.torproject.org/tbb/how-to-verify-signature/