[tor-project] Tor Browser Team Meeting Notes, 06 April 2020
sysrqb at torproject.org
Mon Apr 13 20:05:13 UTC 2020
Last week, on 6 April, we held our weekly team meeting.
The meeting log is available at
Highlights from this meeting:
1) Ticket prioritization with respect to S58 (migration)
2) Fix failing Nightly builds
3) Finding a reviewer for #33749
-helped with releases
- More Tor Browser spec update (#25021)
- SHA-256 for Windows authenticode signing (#29614)
mcs and brade:
- Code reviews.
- Made progress on review of the rebased updater patches (#33533).
- Finish reviewing the rebased updater patches (#33533).
- #32418 (on every start TB complains that it can't update).
- #33671 (Update "Get Involved" url in about:tor).
Release prep for 9.0.8, then release prep for 9.0.8 and 9.5a10, followed by 9.0.9 and 9.5a11
Releasing 9.0.9 and 9.5a11
- finished auditing new firefox prefs
- started building out task list from my notes dump
- finish building out tasks and getting them into trac - please tag them with Sponsor58
- Made patches for:
- #33807 (Namecoin eTLD patch conflicted with securedrop.tor.onion)
- #33805 (While building tbb-9.0.8-build3 the build of openssl for Windows fails)
- #32038 (tor-browser-build license is unclear)
- Added comment on #25102 following GeKo's question (Add script to sign nightly build mar files, generate update-responses xml and publish the new version)
- Reviewed #31499 (Update libevent to 2.1.11-stable)
- Reviewed #33771 (Missing LibEvent License)
- Helped with new releases
- Monitored blog comments
- Help with new releases
- Some reviews
- Work on proposal for quilt workflow
- Work on testsuite setup
- Work on setup of automatic rebasing of tor-browser patches on mozilla-central
- Started researching certificates for onions options
- S27 monthly report
- GSoC wrangling
- April roadmap review
- trac triage
- April roadmap review and cleanup
- trac triage
- S27 work completion report
- Browser Team March report
- Write up certificates for onions options research
- Maybe start on Onion Service discovery options for onion capable browsers research
- Reminder for everyone to submit their March timesheets
- Revised #21952: Onion-location
- Revised #28005: Officially support onions in HTTPS-Everywhere
- Worked on #30832: Fix tor-browser tbb-tests
- #31918: Rebase and squash mobile/android patches into desktop
- Work on 27105: Fix Tor Browser testsuite for esr60
- Maybe some children of #33533 (Rebase Tor Browser esr68 patches on top of mozilla-central)
#33760: Update rbm,conf for latest NDK - update CC var for latest clang (in review)
#33559: Update tor-android-service to use latest android toolchain (in review)
#33801: Update Go Project to use NDK 21 (in review)
#33833: Update Rusto to use NDK 21 (in review)
#33626: Add TBB project for GeckoView - working through this
- tickets are still in review so didn’t make any changes
# Follow up on reviews of Android Tor Support (priority)
#33626: Continue work in TBB for GeckoView, included evaluating which patches should be applied to gecko view vs Fenix.
- Write fix for #33752; new Electrum-NMC and StemNS commits are pushed.
- Work on getting some Electrum-NMC functionality (AuxPoW-related) upstreamed to Electrum.
- As usual, productivity is mildly diminished thanks to COVID-19 precautions.
- Submit tor-browser-build patch for #33752.
- Relay r/Namecoin test reports to tor-talk mailing list.
- Hopefully get more feedback on Namecoin integration via Twitter.
- Review patch for #33807.
- Review patch for #32038.
- Review patch for #30334.
- [discuss] Would be cool if someone would like to review #33749.
More information about the tor-project