[tor-project] fosdem?

Pili Guerra pili at torproject.org
Thu Sep 19 09:55:29 UTC 2019

> On 17 Sep 2019, at 18:38, brabo <brabo at cryptolab.net> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 10:13:00 +0000
> emma peel <emma.peel at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> George Kadianakis:

>>> I could go, especially if we combine it with other Tor events like
>>> last time.
>>
>> I liked being in the booth last year, and I could do it again. I hope
>> to meet more Mozilla localization people there too.
>>

>> emmapeel

> hey everyone!
>
> i will go to fosdem for sure. i am up for volunteering at a booth, and
> have taken it on myself to try to organise a "decentralized internet
> and privacy" devroom, with some aid from folks who have taken this upon
> themselves previous editions.
>
> it would be very nice if someone would like to do a tor-related talk
> there. if the devroom proposal is accepted by fosdem orga, a cfp would
> follow first half of october.
>
> for swag i can also offer a belgian post address, if that would be
> desired (and get the swag on-site as well).
>
> kind regards,
> brabo.
>
> --
> I like bugs
> - Mezoti

Hi everyone,

I can help to coordinate this from the Tor Project side.

Some deadlines to take into account:

September 20 - deadline for devroom proposals
October 11 - deadline for main track proposals
November 1 - deadline for stand submissions
November 22 - deadline for lightning talk proposals

So… I think we don’t have time to organise ourselves to write a proposal for a Tor devroom, but I think we’d be happy to take part in the decentralized internet and privacy devroom. We just need to do the CFP submission deadline if it gets accepted.

Let’s start thinking about a main track proposal and who could/would like to present it.

In the meantime I will start filling in the application form for the stand. It would be good if we can share it with some other organisation like Tails, so please let us know if your organisation would be interested in sharing this. We would be aiming to have the stand for both days.

Thanks!

Pili