[tor-project] Communications Report: July & August

Stephanie A. Whited steph at torproject.org
Thu Sep 5 16:06:25 UTC 2019

Hello Tor,

We launched two major campaigns in the past 2 months: the Tor Bug Smash
and the Run Tor Bridges campaigns. Thanks to everyone who has helped
out. The bridge campaign is running through September -- you can share
your support of bridges and encourage others to set them up with
#RunTorBridges[1].

In July, we prepared materials for two big events in August: DEF CON and
CCCamp. Our first booth at DEF CON was a success, and we'd like to thank
seeess for creating an onion badge for us[2]. Roger had a talk in the
main track on anti-censorship, and I took part in a privacy related
panel in the Blockchain Village.

Momentum with the cryptocurrency community is still building, and a
podcast with multiple Tor people for a popular magazine is in the works.

In August, I joined the Tor "money machine" at a training in DC, and we
are working on new materials to use for fundraising based around what we
learned. We've also begun prep for our EOY fundraising campaign starting
soon.

July and August in links and stats:

 == JULY  ==

Blog posts