[tor-project] New Campaign: Take Back the Internet with Tor

Stephanie A. Whited steph at torproject.org
Mon Oct 28 13:08:11 UTC 2019

**

*Hello Tor, *

*

Some of us remember a time when the internet felt freer, when it felt
like your identity didn’t matter and your online activity wasn’t being
exploited, at least so blatantly, by big tech, advertisers, or worse.
Whether it’s something we experienced or not, I think it’s safe to say
this is a vision of the internet we all share in the Tor community.

In line with that vision, today, we launched our end of year fundraising
campaign, Take Back the Internet with Tor. Antonela and Alon created the
retro-inspired visuals you can now see on the donate page, our swag,
banners, and social media profiles.

We are asking for donations [1] to help Take Back the Internet with Tor
through the end of the year, and Mozilla will be matching every donation
we receive until 31 December. Throughout the campaign, we’ll be offering
prizes, and everyone who donates any amount in the first week will be
entered to win each giveaway [2].

This is where we need your help.

We rely on our end of year fundraising campaigns for a significant
amount of our funding and in a crucial form (unrestricted).  Please help
us spread the word about the campaign to friends and family, on social
media, or in your community. Just liking and RTing our social media
posts [3] can make an impact.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers,Steph

[1] https://donate.torproject.org