[tor-project] trac into gitlab journey [3rd meeting]

Gaba gaba at torproject.org
Tue Oct 1 19:10:45 UTC 2019

Hey!

The journey continues :) You can find agenda and notes in
https://pad.riseup.net/p/e-q1GP43W4gsY_tYUNxf

Logs are here:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-10-01-18.00.html

The next meeting is October 15th at 1700 UTC

Contents of the pad for the meeting of today:

SPONSOR 30 MONTHLY MEETINGS

    mail with context:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2019-July/002407.html

    planning document: https://nc.riseup.net/s/SnQy3yMJewRBwA7

    migration code & issues: https://dip.torproject.org/ahf/trac-migration

    ticket: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/30857

Agenda October 1st

- Review actions from last meeting

    experiment with moving tickets from legacy project into its own (ahf)

    rename torproject to tpo (gaba)

    Research on how to deal with spam in gitlab. (gaba)

    Write down a list of things that you will not see in gitlab from
trac (ahf)

    Write down a more concrete plan for migration. What do we test for?
When we do it? Who is helping? - (gaba) <-- it is in
https://nc.riseup.net/s/SnQy3yMJewRBwA7

- What decision is missing to move forward?

    IRC ticket number bot

    redirection

    user registration

- Next steps

    when do we do this move?

Notes

1. experiment with moving tickets from legacy project into its own

    ahf experimented with it and "anarcat's solution" works

    NEXT: ahf will copy all tickets from trac into tpo/legacy project in
gitlab.

2. rename torproject to tpo -> not renaming it but using tpo directly
3. spam in gitlab

    AHF's proposal: https://pad.riseup.net/p/MMEeAUdiUQ-XwhDV-Eww

Many more proposals (trying to resolve spam issue, user registration,
and anonymous users issue):

    debian salsa on top (for user registration)

    cerberus (ahf's proposal)

    a forum for people to send reports https://discourse.org

Next steps:

    AHF does a trial run of a full migration of ticket (on Friday)

    Look at bugs.torproject.org for irc bot integration. (arma & ahf &
anarcat)

    Write down proposal to have an instance of discourse (anarcat, gaba)

--
Project Manager: Network, Anti-Censorship and Metrics teams
gaba at torproject.org
she/her are my pronouns
GPG Fingerprint EE3F DF5C AD91 643C 21BE  8370 180D B06C 59CA BD19