[tor-project] Notes from Vegas Meeting NOVEMBER 7 2019
ewyatt at torproject.org
Thu Nov 7 23:18:23 UTC 2019
Vegas Team Meeting Notes
NOVEMBER 7 2019
+ OLD BUSINESS
- isabela: Blog temporary resolution - no new information.
- isabela: working on trademark faq update
- isabela: writing letter to developer who was going to fix css on drupal
+ NEW BUSINESS
- [anarcat,gaba] New nextcloud server is online at https://nc.torproject.net and will replace storm by february, so we should move [shared docs] there (eventually?)
* gaba will come up with a draft about information storage and policy for documents in nextcloud and elsewhere... there's already #32273 for SVN that could be expanded
* ewyatt will migrate shared pads and AFK calendar ASAP
- [Sarah] Need more people to make thank you videos in different languages. We have English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
* Maybe we can get it in French next? Any other translators who want to help us? Email sstevenson at .
* [Sarah] Need help brainstorming any/all privacy and internet freedom “victories”; deadline for submission November 15th. Email your stories to comms at .
* [geko] Should we move to 1700 UTC for the vegas team meeting?
- Yes, probably. ewyatt moved the discussion to email.
+ GENERAL NOTES
1. Answering the last questions from the Outreachies. The last day to record the contribution was November 5th. We have excellent candidates and until the middle of November to select one of them.
2. Reaching out our Tor community in Firenze and Bologna this week.
3. Traveling this Friday to Freedom Not Fear, and also joining the Tor Meetup in Brussels.
4. Catching up email backlog.
5. Reaching out our training partners in Global South to sync about partnership agreement, training dates and training materials.
6. Still updating our documentation - Tor Browser 9 release.
7. Answering Frontdesk tickets. Some emails about letterboxing, missing windows dlls and Linux/torbrowser-launcher apparmor bug.
1. Finished release prep for fundraising banner (9.0.1/9.5a2)
2. Work on OTF proposal
3. Caught up on pre 9.0 email backlog
4. Went over remaining browser team lead transition items
5. Started thinking more about future network-health work
6. Should we move to 1700 UTC for the vegas team meeting?
1. Per usual, not enough time :)
2. 0.4.2 seems to be stabilizing; should be in RC soon.
3. 0.4.3 work in progress; looks neat. Make sure that
4. Have you seen https://src-ref.docs.torproject.org/tor/index.html ?
5. Annotated C style poll results: http://people.torproject.org/~nickm/netteam-survey-results-with-commentary.py
1. retired three old ARM build boxes that were not powerful enough and "special snowflakes", weasel looking for replacements with linaro
2. helped with: New nextcloud server is online at https://nc.torproject.net and will replace storm by february, so we should move these notes there (eventually?)
3. launched new caching service! we should see cost reductions at pantheon next month and service can be used for other slow services, will convert existing varnish instances eventually
Antonela < is in Taipei timezone < I'll try to be awake at 00AM but I'm not sure, anw notes are here :)
1. I've been at the OTF summit
2. I met with Georgia and Eileen from Simply Secure to touch base about the Metrics grants
3. I met with Babatunde, our OTF researcher, to coordinate the next steps on his research.
4. I run a workshop about Participatory Design with OKThanks' Tiffany.
5. We met OTF's Learning Lab manager to talk about the next steps on our Onion Services grant and how we can communicate our future releases with the broad community. We told him that we are going to apply for a formal help and I'll put Steph in contact too.
6. We met Sarah, OTF's Red Team (Security Team) Manager to learn more about large onion services deployments (BBC).
7. We met Fiona to check in about our Onion Services grant. She will ping Pili to have a meeting in December to follow up and coordinate on the status of stuff.
8. Reviewed GR's implementation for the EY Campaign, following the latest changes.
1. EOY campaign - we are averaging over $1,000 per day more than last year and have 51 new monthly donors (we had 100 people sign up to be monthly donors in the entire 2018 campaign.)
2. Need more people to make thank you videos in different languages. We have English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
3. Need help with privacy victories
4. Prep for postal letter to go out in the next week or two to small foundations and major donors.
5. Sourcing and trying to connect with new foundations.
6. afk periodically, but available the 8-15th.
1. November Roadmapping and general month start gardening
2. Started triaging trac for Tor Browser tickets
3. OTF Proposal
4. S9 Phase 2 report
5. Hope to start S44 report soon...
6. Following up with contacts from MozFest
1. Working on S28 tasks.
2. Going to "Freedom not Fear" in Brussels from Friday to Monday (both inclusive) together with Gus.
3. Talks in Zurich and Copenhagen last week went well.
4. Gitlab "soft deadlines" for medio November seems to be still plausible.
5. Going to send out Network Team report for October this week.
1. Nextcloud migration
2. Trac & roadmapping
4. S31 meetings
1. Personnel stuff
2. General HR/corp admin stuff
3. Shadow dev recruiting
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 874 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
More information about the tor-project