[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes 13 May 2019
gk at torproject.org
Wed May 15 13:05:00 UTC 2019
We had the weekly Tor Browser meeting on Monday. Here come the link to
our IRC meeting log:
and the notes from our pad:
- Monthly Tor/Mozilla meeting is tomorrow morning
- Did we get the donate button/assets for the next Browser release?
(GeKo: no, however we have #30497 now)
mcs and brade:
- Discussed PT args encoding in #29627 (Moat: add support for
- Opened #30442 (PT spec: should 255 bytes be sent in the
RFC 1929 UNAME field?)
- Revised our patch for #28044 (Integrate Tor Launcher into
- Worked on #30000 (Integrating client-side authorization to
onion services v3).
- Experimented some more with Arthur's old v2 auth patch
- Discussed control port event vs. SOCKS or HTTP CONNECT
error code on IRC, in #14389, and in child tickets.
- Responded regarding time estimates / roadmap.
- Commented in #10760 (Integrate TorButton to TorBrowser core).
- Code reviews.
- Booked flights for travel to the Stockholm meeting in July.
- #30000 (Integrating client-side authorization to onion
- investigate possible use of new SOCKS5 error codes for
integration with tor.
- continue discussions with Network Team.
- review UX proposal in #30237.
- Submit peer and team lead feedback.
- We will be out of the office Wednesday and Thursday (15 and 16
- fixed/disabled some testsuite tests
- helped with published releases
- fixed #30448 (Strip Browser/gtk2/libmozgtk.so)
- reviewed #30377 (Remove selfrando from our build system)
- started working on #28672 (Android reproducible build of
- go is now building
- currently trying to get webrtc building
- continue work on #28672 (Android reproducible build of Snowflake)
- look at remaining failing testsuite tests
- make a patch for #30480 (rbm should check that a signed tag
object contains the expected tag name)
- review #30319 (Drop FTE related bits in Tor Browser)
- help with building new releases
- will be afk on Wednesday
- submit feedback
Finished creating Tor Browser APK Signing key (#26536)
Finished code-review of "Tor Browser" renaming on Android (#30136)
Finished code-review of torbutton localization on Android (#30069)
Looked a little bit at control port issue on Android (#30284)
Some BridgeDB things
F-Droid deployment (#27539)
Mozilla bugs (1480877, 1478438)
Remaining tbb-8.5-must code reviews and debugging (as needed)
Fastlane deployment (#26844) (maybe)
Remove remaining Orfox patches (#30036) (maybe, at least before
Maybe begin creating final Orfox update (#29955)
Worked on torbutton integration with Tor browser for ESR68 (#10760)
Finish patch for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=467035
If ESR68 beta branch is there, start working on rebasing patches.
- Letterboxing improvement:
- Got findbar fixed in a local patch; still trying to get a response
from people about devtools
- Working on Mingw Build Stuff (free time only)
- Fix binutils issue:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1471698 waiting on Jacek to r+
- x86 alloc/free mismatch: need to catch glandium and ask him about it
- RDD process doesn't work with mingw-clang - need to write test program
- Inching towards enabling some tests for the mingw-clang build on try
- feedback mails
- finished monthly admin work
- clean-up (dropping fte (#30319) and selfrando (#30377))
- bump GCC to 8.3.0 for Linux builds (#25930)
- work on letterboxing backport (#30372)
- reviews (
- release prep
- will be at SIF on Thursday and part of Friday
- feedback mails
- more toolchain work: mingw-w64/clang for Firefox (#28238)
- GSoD admin duties
- Looking into gitlab instance (dip.tpo.org)
- dev meeting planning
- #30324 - Update Android Toolchain for 68 ESR (completed this),
will check in tomorrow after verifying it works with other projects.
- Started reviews for tor-android-service issues: #30483 - JCenter
Repo, #30489 - Remove unused resources from tor-android-service, #30484
- Upgrade Android Plugin, #30166 - custom bridges
- Opened PR to cleanup resources in Orbot
- Investigate KitKat Failures for starting tor (tor works with
Orbot implementation) #30284
- Move delta in latest Orbot code to tor-android-service, open issues
- #30460, #30461 Use new Android Toolchain
- widl work
- found yet more bugs, though it doesn't look like they are blockers
- worked around more discovered complications, but a fix for the
main issue should be reviewable today or tomorrow, with smaller fixes
following for remaining issues
- finally got Phabricator working for submitting mozilla patches,
#1506693 in review again
- review emails
- Worked on #29955 - Orfox > TBA
- Filed #30456 - Better bridges for TBA, could work for TB
- #30497 - `about:tor` Donate link
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project