[tor-project] April 2019 report for the UX team

Antonela Debiasi tor at antonela.me
Fri May 10 17:27:35 UTC 2019

Hey Tor,

April found us spreading glitter at the Internet Freedom Festival. We
shared a lot of sessions with the Community Team, we spent valuable time
with our founders and also we met with old and new friends. We ran some
talks, table time and meetups, you see them here
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2019Valencia

We provided our new outreach material in 3 different languages. Soon, it
will be available for download at the new community portal, which is a
work-in-progress:
https://lektor-staging.torproject.org/community

After torproject.org release, we worked on some short iterations of the
download page, and we fixed some hot bugs. Also, we released it in two
more languages: Icelandic and Georgian.

The community team traveled to Colombia during April and Narirral (nah),
a researcher from Brazil, joined ggus to run usability studies over Tor
Browser desktop in Spanish with our community members.

We released OONI Explorer Beta, and we are planning what we should
prioritize for the stable version, in June. You can see our open tickets
here
https://github.com/ooni/explorer/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3AUX

We kicked off our S27 work to make Onion services more accessible and
usable. The network team is working on a feature that allows onion
services admins to set up an authentication key for accessing the
service. The end-user facing part for this feature is the client
authorization. We are creating this user interface following Mozilla
Photon design system.

Thanks,

Antonela Debiasi
UX Team Lead