[tor-project] IRC for Complete Beginners (to send to friends who want to volunteer for Tor)

Kate Krauss ailanthus at riseup.net
Wed Mar 20 23:49:00 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-20 7:24 pm, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> On 2019-03-20 13:43:22, Kate Krauss wrote:
> [...]
>
> Hi!
>
> That's a great introduction! I feel it would be a great document to
> refer to in the future, do you mind adding it to the Trac Wiki
> somewhere? Maybe somewhere under this page which I just found out about
> (!):
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/onboarding
>
> It even has a dead link to a possible IRC page here:
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/onboarding/IRC
>
> Let me know if you need help with the wiki as well.
>
> A.

Dear anarcat,

Good idea! Let's see if people have any other input, and then I will
attempt to do this. I think I can do this if I can still log on to trac
(not sure; haven't tried in a while).

Folks, if you have a non-technical family member at home who doesn't use
IRC, ask them to try it, without helping them. Find out what went wrong
or right. Then we will learn.

-Katie

ps: nice Cocteau quote :)