[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes, 11 March
gk at torproject.org
Mon Mar 11 19:53:00 UTC 2019
Our weekly meeting just ended, this time without meetbot as it was sick.
Thus, here come just notes from the pad this time:
-browser dev hiring (GeKo: We'll do the next interview on IRC but
think it's generally good to "get to know" folks we never met before via
a video call before hiring)
#25658 security level patch
investigated #29554, #23359
right-to-left language support
#29554 patch (fix about:preferences links not working correctly)
#23359 patch (https everywhere adds itself back to toolbar on
second launch, probably related to our torbutton code pointed out by
tjr (probably absent)
- Letterboxing: (GeKo: I'll write an email to tbb-dev, probably
tomorrow, trying to get answers to all of your questions :) )
My goal for March is to do more data analysis on screen resolutions
and put forward a proposal for 'We should use these set of dimensions'
Before I do that; I'd like to get confirmation that this is something
Tor Browser wants to at last try to ship in Alpha. My questions:
- if it was ready in a 60-based Alpha would you ship it then or
would you want to wait until 68?
- what is the minimal viable product user experience wise?
- does the margin needed different color or watermark?
- do you need a button to disable it globally or after an
- do you need it to work on mobile?
- for very low resolution - under 100 pixels in a dimension -
does it need to do something intelligent or just not do any margins at all?
- does it need a user walkthrough explainer? (Probably I
think... maybe you can start thinking of how that would look?)
- My current analysis is of the form
- See next steps in particular about defining a ftness function)
- Is this an appropriate path forward? How often do you want me
to stop and get review and from whom?
- (I'm optimistic that this python based analysis it Is
flexible enough that it can be easily changed, so I could to perform
most of the analysis without bugging people)
Reminder, it is in Nightly under the pref (you must add it)
mcs and brade:
- Fixed #29445 (Tor Browser is denying ESR policies.json).
- Fixed #22402 (Improve the "For assistance" link).
- Posted patches for #29440 (Update about:tor when Tor Browser
- Posted a revised patch for #29627 (Moat: add support for
- Reviewed the Tor Launcher patch in #29430 (Use uTLS for meek
TLS camouflage in Tor Browser).
- Started review of #25658 (security slider replacement).
- Helped with triage of incoming bugs.
- Review #25658 (security slider replacement).
- Work on #28628 (Introduce New Security Settings to users).
- Investigate #29630 (TorBrowser creates empty directory in "/tmp”).
- Investigate #27484 comment:13 (DDG onboarding doorhanger
disappears after tab switch).
- For #28044, revise proposal 102 to take into account
intrigeri’s comments as well as some things we learned during
- Review the Firefox updater security audit report.
-reviews (#29194, #27486, #29445, #22402, #28329, #29572, #29440)
- updated my patch for #28802
- investigated broken git repo updating in our build system (#29572)
- finish begin-of-the-month team admin stuff
- release prep
- help with reviews for the alpha release
- antonela: we could need some UI guidance for the New Identity
for Android feature (#28800)
- how do we introduce the new security slider feature to users
that already have done the UI tour? After all the bubble just says: "New
to Tor Browser? Let's get started." Do we in general need a different
pointer for newly introduced features? (GeKo: Antonela updates the
ticket (#28628) with points that came up during the discussion)
[tjr] Moz did that for the new tracking protection, it was a
three step tutorial thing
- 29313: tor-android-service browser build (ready for review) -
removed native build, added back in classes that Firefox android app needs
- 29574 Configure Orbot project to use TOPL (ready for review) -
fixes for duplicate class errors
- 29575 Configure Firefox project to use TOPL (ready for review)
- tested integrated APK
- opened a couple of issues at TOPL project, opened issue at Orbot
project regarding moving android resources from orbotservice to app module
- looking to move tor-android-service project hosted on GitHub to
guardianproject or torproject
- Resolve bug where final bootstrap is not updating in UI in Android
- Work on moving resources out of orbotservice and
- submit PR for various fixes to TOPL project
- respond to any code reviews
- #29440 Update about:tor UI review
- #25658 Security Settings UI review
- #28628 Introducing the new Security Settings
- Mozilla/Tor monthly meeting: Anything we want to show?
- 8.5 Review, TBA and TB
- #28800 - New Identity
- Last week:
#28329 (TBA configuration UI)
BridgeDB patch review
- This week
#28329 testing and integration
- made some patches for:
- #25876 (Source release tarballs for Tor Browser)
- #29572 (Fetching latest commits fails when building
- #29675 (Nightly build should fail if "make fetch" fails)
- #29667 (Add android-x86 to nightly builds)
- updated patch for #26323 after review comments (Build 32bit
Linux bundles on 64bit systems)
- continue work on #27137 and testsuite
- some reviews
- work on #25623 (Disable network during build)
- help with build of new releases
- Outreachy application
- UX ticket triage
- Start thinking about capacity planning for browser team
- Start planning for OTF Onion Services proposal
- Sponsor 8 Final report
- Tor Browser 2 year vision write up - still very late with
- More UX ticket triage
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project