[tor-project] Sandstorm, NextCloud (was: February 2019 in sysadmin land)

Linus Nordberg linus at torproject.org
Sun Mar 10 22:08:04 UTC 2019

Hi Tom,

Our Sandstorm instance is not being maintained. Whether the Sandstorm
software is being maintained or not I'll leave for someone who knows
better.

The fact that our instance doesn't have a service owner is in itself a
reason to shut it down.

Arguments voiced for migrating to NextCloud include: software momentum;
shared calendar and tasks, collaborative editing of documents and
spreadsheets; kabana boards; several sysadmins already running NC
instances for other things. I suppose that the last argument is not a
factual merit of the system, but it is an explanation of how we ended up
with a task of finding out if NC is good enough for Tor.

Tom Ritter <tom at ritter.vg> wrote
Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:06:26 +0000: