[tor-project] February 2019 in sysadmin land
linus at torproject.org
Sun Mar 10 11:50:37 UTC 2019
Here's what February looked like to the sysadmin team.
# What's been done
- We have hired anarcat!
- Experimenting with full disk encryption of VM's.
- GitLab VM setup (re: #29402).
- Migration of the CiviCRM systems to new VM's with a recent OS.
- Experimenting with Prometheus for trend analysis (re: #29681).
- The ordinary resolving of requests and bug reports, as can be
followed better over at [tickets].
# Upcoming new things
- Getting anarcat up and running.
- Trying out NextCloud for some set of Tor people, as a replacement
for SVN, Sandstorm and possibly more (re: #29415).
# Fact of the month
Our backup server holds system backups for 77 hosts. Currently there
are 338 full backups and 11886 incremental backups consuming 13 TB.
Apart from system backups, we have PostgreSQL backups for five hosts,
eating another 280 GB.
More information about the tor-project