[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes, 4 Mar 2019
gk at torproject.org
Mon Mar 4 19:32:00 UTC 2019
We just had a short weekly meeting and I wanted to share the meeting
notes, as usual. The IRC log can be found at:
and the items from our pad are:
- next releases (GeKo: we won't get to another alpha release before
the Firefox security bugfix release on 3/19, alas :( )
mcs and brade:
- Posted patches for #28044 (Integrate Tor Launcher into
- Posted a patch for #29627 (Moat: add support for obfsproxy's
- Reviewed patch for #29120 (media.cache_size causes some media
to load extremely slowly).
- Debugged #29535 (Context menu does not open on New Tab).
- Provided some feedback for #27484 (Onboarding: unintuitive
- Helped with triage of incoming bugs.
- For #28044, revise proposal 102 to take into account
intrigeri’s comments as well as some things we learned during
- Fix #29445 (Tor Browser is denying ESR policies.json)
- Investigate #29630 (TorBrowser creates empty directory in "/tmp”)
- Begin work on #29440 (Update about:tor when Tor Browser is
- Investigate #27484 comment:13 (DDG onboarding doorhanger
disappears after tab switch).
- Review the Firefox updater security audit report.
some release prep
Worked on F-Droid release process
Worked on TBA UI improvements and crash (28329)
TOPL integration and OrbotService
Finish next iteration of TBA bootstrapping UI
Some BridgeDB patch reviews
Helping with TBA PT integration (if needed)
- 29575 - Create tor-browser-build for Firefox with TOPL libraries:
Resolved duplicate class problems. Transitive use of class files is OK.
Transitive use of resources is a problem (meaning an embedded dependency
aar of an embedded dependency) . I believe I finally have a solution
(see below, Next Week same issue).
- Testing of tor-android-service. Latest code is not passing
bootstrap complete message correctly to UI. This is largely cosmetic but
needs to be resolved.
- responded to sysrqb code review comments. Opened issues at TOPL
project for tracking.
- Investigated building of tor for Android. Looked into and
prototyped use of ndk-build for tor dependencies: openssl and libevent.
- 29575: To resolve missing resource issues, I’m going to put orbot
and tor-android-service and topl into the local artifact repo as part of
the Firefox build, rather than the mobile/android/app. I believe gradle
treats repo transitive resources differently. I’m also going to put
dependent projects aar libraries as compileOnly scope (provided) so that
we are guaranteed to only have one copy.
- Create new branch with latest changes to tor-browser-build
- More testing
- Resolve open issues at TOPL
I'd like to move most of the resources from tor-android-service to
orbot app, since tor-android-service doesn't use them. (GeKo: We should
talk to the guardianproject folks about that; sisbell will write an
email to nathan and hans outlining where we are and where we are heading
towards to keep them in the loop)
- finished patch for #26323 (Build 32bit Linux bundles on 64bit
- worked on some patches for #27137 (tbb-testsuite: fix the
navigation-timing, performance-observer, resource-timing, user-timing tests)
- looked at CVs of browser developer candidates
- continue work on #27137 and testsuite
- work on #25623 (Disable network during build)
- some reviews
- Tor Browser Release meeting
- Tor Browser Vision Brainstorm Pt II
- Browser dev hiring CV pre-screening
- Still trying (and so far failing) to take an easy week after India
- Write up Browser Vision Brainstorm notes
- Start writing Sponsor 8 (TBA) final report
- reviewed #28329 - TBA UX/UI network settings
- reviewed #27484 - Onboarding navigation
- pili and I will triage ux-team labeled tickets \o/
- review TBA and TB sec settings
- reviewed browser dev cvs
- #25658 work
- macos build for anto
- initial tor-browser patch for this ready today
- #25658 tor-browser patch later today
- #25658 tor-button patch
- code reviews
- #29120 ready for uplift now
- wrote some patches for mobile related issues which I encountered
while reviewing #28329: #29632, #29633, and a patch for pluggable
transport/bridge support on mobile (#28802)
- reviewed #29210 and #28329 (still ongoing) and #28685
- work related to job application
- finish reviewing #28329, reviewing as much as I can to get into
the next alpha
- begin of the month team admin stuff
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project