[tor-project] RACE meeting notes, 27 June 2019

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Thu Jun 27 18:31:56 UTC 2019

These are the first meeting notes for Tor's RACE project, which is our
Sponsor 28.  If you have no idea what this is, then fret not, for it is
all documented in our wiki:
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor28>

Here are our meeting logs:

<http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-06-27-18.00.html>

And here is our meeting pad:

# S28: Resilient Anonymous Communication for Everyone

Information about the sponsor: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor28

Next meeting: Thursdays 1800 UTC (every 2 weeks) at #tor-meeting

The goals for this periodic meetings are:

1. share what is happening with the rest of organizations in the project
2. share progress on Tor side
3. get the monthly report started

----------------- JUNE 27TH -----------------

TECHNICAL REPORT FOR APRIL-JUNE: https://nc.riseup.net/apps/onlyoffice/s/MdNwgWk8CL8FBis

What Philipp did:
    * Attended RACE brainstorming meeting about obfs5
        * Updated description of https://bugs.torproject.org/30716 with feature ideas
        * We decided to first study the "long tail" of network traces because it will inform our obfs5 design
            * Filed https://bugs.torproject.org/30986
    * Lots of reading to get up to speed on PT spec and obfs4 issues
    * Reached out to PT spec implementers to see what suggestions they had
        * Only one person responded :(
What Philipp will do:
    * Understand PT spec issues on Android (sysrqb and nathan know the details)
    * Help Micah with studying the "long tail" of network traces
        * Maybe also reach out to a new contact at a network provider

What cohosh did:
    - Attended brainstorming meeting
    - Attended integration meetings
        - Shared PT spec with other groups

What gaba did:
    - read mails is the only thing :)
    - update roadmap (trying to keep track of what you all are doing)