[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes, 24 June 2019
gk at torproject.org
Tue Jun 25 12:54:00 UTC 2019
Here come the notes from our latest weekly Tor Browser meeting. Our IRC
log can be found on:
Apart from the usual discussion about topics that are/were relevant in
the upcoming and past week the log contains some report back from All
Hands as well, for those of you who are interested in that.
Additionally, here come the items from our pad:
-upcoming macOS signing changes (GeKo: mcs/brade will start looking
closer at the actual requirements; we have #30126 for tracking)
-state of the Windows bundle (GeKo: see:
for starters as it might be (part) of the underlying problem; I filed
- All Hands and a bit release help (many thanks to boklm for
managing the whole fuck-up essentially himself)
- catching up with backlog
- review, review, review
- get all Linux patches for ESR 68 toolchain into reviewable shape
mcs and brade:
- Worked on #30000 (Integrating client-side authorization to
onion services v3).
- Continued to work on the Onion Services client auth prompt
- Commented in #30943 (Show Tor Browser version on Android).
- Review for #18101 (IP leak from Windows/macOS UI dialog with URI).
- at the same time, test Snowflake on macOS 10.9.x.
- More work on the Onion Services client auth prompt (#30237).
- We plan to post work-in-progress patches this week and
then work with Antonela on UX.
- Soon: #29197 (remove use of overlays from Tor Launcher)
- Soon: #30429 (ESR 68 Rebase — updater patches).
- Frontdesk message forwarding ;)
- We had some messages from Windows
- There's also some interest on continuing development on Tor
- And some bug reports
- Tying up loose ends before vacations
- afk from 26th June - 1st July
- are we on track for the fundraising banner to be released with
the next security update? (GeKo: acat will work on that this week)
- Addressed review changes for
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=467035, now waiting for review.
- Continued torbutton cleanup/refactor (#28745)
- Patch for Properties in dom/locales/$lang/chrome/ allow
detecting user locale (#30683).
- File uplift bugs for suitable rebased ESR68 patches (start
with #24056, #23104, #26353, #26514, #21830).
- Continue torbutton cleanup/refactor (#28745)
- Add Fundraising Banner with next TBB security update (#30577)
- building, signing, releasing some releases
- started looking at rebasing #28672 (Android reproducible build
of Snowflake) on #30334 (build_go_lib for executables)
- started looking at #30320 child tickets (Adapt Tor Browser
toolchains for Firefox 68 ESR)
- look at remaining failing testsuite tests
- fix reproducibility issues of snowflake build for android (#28672)
- look how we can build 32bit mar-tools:
- look at how to upload tor browser releases on archive.org for
- seem to have tracked down all the issues in widl preventing
screen readers from working
- posted candidate builds with all the patches applied
- started fixing widl patches based on feedback from wine devs
- finish up widl changes
- figure out what needs to happen to get updated widl into mingw
- update tor-browser-build's 27503.patch to final widl version
- Looking at
- TBA - what we will do with #24920? and #30540? Any updates on #29955?
- TB - ESR68 - reviewing acat proposal (#10760)
- TB - Banner for donations is done, waiting for approval (#30577)
- S27 - reviewed #30024, waiting for onion auth wip for review
- planning a Tor Browser prioritizing user problems session for the
Laptop hard-drive corruption
Laptop data recovery
Read backlog from the last week
- #30607: Testing Android Q problems on actual device - tor loads and
runs fine. Firefox 60 is incompatible with Android Q. Will need to wait
- #Did clean update of gradle dependencies for
topl/tor-android-service for toolchain
- Move toolchain and related projects changes to GeKo branch
- # 30199 tor-android-service cleanup
- #Submit PR to TOPL
- #Follow up about TOPL mirror
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project