[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 20 June 2019
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jun 20 18:08:24 UTC 2019
Here are our meeting logs:
Here is our meeting pad:
ANTI-CENSORSHIP work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday June 20th 17:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 17:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/knaG2lEzepdsCC21DYk4dD4hRtwcUGnXQvalH1sKEAM
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
* Note that there's a bug that causes the roadmap to load slowly. To work around it, first click on "All boards", and then on "ROADMAP Anti-censorship team"
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/anti-censorship/gettor/boards
* Hiro is currently experimenting with gitlab.
* Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
---- 20th June 2019 ----
== Announcements ==
* Sponsor 28 (RACE) next meeting will be on June 27th 1800 UTC at #tor-meeting
== Discussion ==
* do we want to move to gitlab for snowflake? (try only with one component for now) --> we are going to wait until the issue of "guests filling tickets in gitlab" is resolved.
* gaba created https://dip.torproject.org/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake/boards
* Let's test our obfs4 setup guide by asking people on tor-relays@ to set up new obfs4 bridges?
* WebSocket in Snowflake: next steps. (ahf)
* trac management: can we 'own' tickets only when we are working on them? if you are interested in a ticket then add yourself to cc.
* is #23888 going to be able to happen on time? do we need to take it?
== Actions ==
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
- Something you may need help with.
hiro: (gettor days are Thursday)
This week (2019-06-20):
* Reviewed #21315 (publish some realtime stats from the broker?)
* Mostly implemented #9316 (BridgeDB should export statistics)
* Got a frontdesk account and had a look at bridge-related tickets
* With Cecylia's help compiled summary of what we know about the GFW and active probing
* Pinged ICLab team again to see if they can periodically scan at least our default bridges
* Sent more emails to PT implementers
* So far only one response
* Tested #23888 (Creating a Snowflake WebExtension addon) and left feedback
* Went through old tor-dev@ threads to compile feedback on improving the PT spec
* More work on moving forward with PT spec
* More thinking about improving obfs4
* Get #9316 reviewed
* Create a blog post for our sponsor 19 report #2.
* Brainstorming features of obfs4 successor, and how to improve PT spec
Gaba: (updated 2019-06-20)
* playing with gitlab for snowflake: https://dip.torproject.org/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake/boards
* prepare tor meeting schedule
This week (05/30):
- Talked with Cecylia about WebSocket + authentication patches in https://github.com/ahf/snowflake/tree/features/websocket_r5
and what we should do next. (#29736 and friends)
- Hack on #28930
- Work on #28930
Last week (May 20):
This week (May 27):
- brainstormed some problems with the PT spec (https://bugs.torproject.org/29285#comment:5 )
- wrote ideas about protocol versioning and backward compatibility (#30704)
- reviewed sequencing layer (#29206)
- added meek-azure bridge, meek-azure CDN, and snowflake-broker CDN to the infrastructure survey
- will be mostly offline next week, will miss 2019-06-27 meeting
- look at WebExtension changes in https://bugs.torproject.org/23888#comment:24
- publish post-sanitization broker logs (#30731)
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-06-13
- submitted some PR's for pion/webrtc
- starting modifying our snowflake code to use pion/webrtc as the library (#28942)
- started familiarizing myself with Chutney
- took a look at the snowflake webextension changes (#23888)
Next week: (AFK on Friday)
- update default STUN configuration (#26348)
- address dcf's feedback on the sequencing layer (#29206)
- continue work with integrating/evaluating pion/webrtc (#28942)
- familiarize self with PT spec
- broker stats (#21315) need a metrics team review (should we deploy what we have and store the output locally?)
- browser team help for mingw toolchain (#25483)
week of 06/13 (planned):
- mostly focusing on sponsor31
week of 06/13 (actual):
- cleaned up (and relinquished) more of my owned tickets
- mostly sponsor31 stuff (control.c refactoring)
week of 06/20 (planned):
- mostly sponsor31
- a bit of snowflake webextension
- getting the webextension published (#30931)
More information about the tor-project