[tor-project] May 2019 report for the UX team

Antonela Debiasi tor at antonela.me
Fri Jun 7 17:43:57 UTC 2019

Hello Tor o/

#S27

During May, we continued working on S27. After the official kick-off
last month, we've worked on the two new Tor Browser features we want to
achieve for this sprint: onion-auth and onion prioritization. You can
follow our work on the relevant tickets:

#User Research

dunqan has been working for a few months now to consolidate our first
Tor users Persona tool. We are planning to have a session during the
next dev meeting to introduce this tool to the teams and collect
feedback for the next iteration.

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/ux/2019-May/000449.html

#Community Portal

The community portal is taking shape. We are still writing and reviewing
content, fixing UI bugs, and polish the mobile view. You can sneak peek
our progress here

https://community.torproject.org/

Clash gave us support on the various front last month. The most relevant
was the help in updating our training material for the community portal.
Thanks, Clash!

#Tor Browser 8.5

The last week of May, Tor Browser 8.5 was released. It included the new
UI for security settings, the new app icon, and four new locales: cs,
el, hu, ka. This release also made available a stable version for Tor
Browser in Android. There is a lot of work to do yet, but we are proud
to offer this efficient way to connect to the Tor network for mobile
Android users.

https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-85

#OONI

After the OONI Explorer Beta release, we have been working on
prioritizing the features we want to get done for the stable version and
supporting the design needs.

Thanks,