[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes 3 June 2019
gk at torproject.org
Mon Jun 3 18:07:00 UTC 2019
Our weekly meeting just ended (I am sure it was the shortest meeting
ever :) ). The IRC log can be found at:
and below are the items from our pad
mcs and brade:
- Helped with code reviews.
- Commented in #30639 (Tor tries to connect over IPv6 in IPv4
- Investigated the update portion of #30565 (corrupted Linux
- Thought about the updater-related work for #30429 (ESR 68
Rebase — updater patches).
- Worked on #30000 (Integrating client-side authorization to
onion services v3).
- Continued to work on the Onion Services client auth prompt
- Provided some info for the May Sponsor 27 report (Onion
- More work on the Onion Services client auth prompt (#30237).
- Maybe: #29197 (remove use of overlays from Tor Launcher)
- Maybe: #30429 (ESR 68 Rebase — updater patches).
- shorter week due to public holiday on Thursday
- release prep and release building + signing for 8.5.1
- HackerOne bug triage
- lots of toolchain work with patches for Linux toolchain
(#30736, #30490, #30701, #30734); more work ins needed as at least Stylo
build is breaking for unknown reasons (see:
- work on aarch64 build (#28119), need to revise the patch
- backport of Mozilla bug 1552993
- wrote patches for ro locale (#30469)
- reverted fix for #29641
- reviews (#30635, #30480, #30549)
- going over more reports about 8.5 bugs/missing features
- another shorter week due to public holiday on Thursday
- 9.0a2 prep and build and signing (hopefully)
- more HackerOne work
- toolchain improvements
- rebase and #10760 reviews
- finish fix for #28119
- Not much. Was out 3 days recently.
- Organized Letterboxing bugs:
- There is a letterboxing bypass (1556016) that I don't *think* is
exploitable in the default configuration, mostly due to luck
- The mingwclang x86 malloc/free mismatch had some work done by
glandium. I need to test if it fixed it
- Organized RDD tasks -
- Landed a patch disabling RDD and AV1 due to undiagnosed failures.
This will have to be fixed by ESR 76 but hopefully much sooner.
- Some reviews.
- Fix torbutton duplicate locales in 10760.
- Ported onboarding for ESR68 (28822)
- Remaining work on 30429 (Rebase Tor Browser patches for
Firefox ESR 68)
- Finish! 30304 - Browser locale can be obtained via DTD strings
Synchronized built-in bridges on Android with desktop (#30635)
Investigated and created a patch for opening a URL from another
app with tor browser when it wasn't previously running (#30573)
Created a patch for implementing private tabs-only mode on
Began rebasing Android patches on 68esr
Continue rebasing for 68esr
- was afk Thursday and Friday
- helped build new release
- reviewed #30492 and #28119
- worked on #28672 (Android reproducible build of Snowflake),
trying to get go-webrtc to build
- help with publishing 8.5.1
- try to finish #28672 (Android reproducible build of Snowflake)
- look at remaining failing testsuite tests
- update patch for #30549 (Add script to remove expired sub-keys
from a keyring file) after review
- some reviews
- worked on onion auth #30237
- worked on tb8.5 bugs #30631, #30560
- TBA user research going on in Uganda and Kenya
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project