[tor-project] Notes from May 30 2019 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Jun 3 09:01:49 UTC 2019

Notes for May 30 2019 meeting:

Nick:
1) Team still focused on last days of s19 stuff and on 0.4.1
fixes/cleanup things.
2) Aiming for 0.4.1.2-alpha next week

Pili:
1) Final push to get Community Portal live (silently) on Monday
2) S9 Phase 3 Work plans
3) Google Season of Docs enquiries

Roger's items from last week:
0) frontdesk, seems like nobody is answering it? [i have on my list to
review this whole thing - will probably get it done by dev meeting tho -
isabela] [where is this 'nobody answering' for frontdesk? -gaba] [is RT]
1) cccamp tor talk? [there is a mail thread started this week about
organizing Tor talks/swags for people from Tor attending cccamp -gaba]

isabela:
1) Working on an agenda for a f2f meeting with MDF on June 6th - to help
with our fundraising strategy
2) Booking presentation about Tor and my vision to Ford Foundation on
June 18th
3) Working on a fundraising campaign for the summer (hopefully we can
promote it at CCC camp and DefCon- might be called Dirty Tech Fund -
here is a doc explaining it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_mvv8OQ3RIW_dtD5xZc18PD2pujHVgdSnapVS9O9YXQ/edit
4) Met w/ Panos to sync on Stockholm meeting logistics
5) We should update internal on CCC and Tor
6) Bug Bounty contract w/ OTF has been signed / things should go back to
normal w/ paying for bugs etc.

Sarah:
1) Working on various fundraising campaigns.
2) Received ~$10k in cryptocurrency from PrivCoin.io.
3) Planning travel to NYC for MDF meeting and DEFCON in August.
4) Covering some social media and press requests while Steph is OOO.

Arturo:
1) Attended the Global Media Forum in Bonn
2) Published a research report on Nigeria:
https://ooni.io/post/2019-nigeria-internet-censorship/

Antonela:
1) more work in OTF O2A3, O2A1
2) worked on tbb-8.5-issues
3) finished docs for user research in Uganda and Kenya next week,
coordinated it with gus and nah
4) working on community.torproject.org

Mike:
1) Laptop + mail issues mostly solved, or at least hacked around enough
to function
2) Scalability meeting tomorrow, agenda is to discuss experiments and
simulators

Gaba:
1) s27 report
2) meeting about metrics data portal with simply secure tomorrow
3) initial anti-censorship roadmapping after sponsor 28 (RACE) meetings
last week
4) other small things like following up on projects/trac
5) added a section to the bottom of
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2019Stockholm/DailyAgenda
to include possible sessions from teams that could be done together

Erin:
1) General HR stuff