[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 25 July 2019
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jul 25 18:33:41 UTC 2019
Here are our meeting notes:
Here is our meeting pad:
ANTI-CENSORSHIP work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday July 25th 17:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 17:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/knaG2lEzepdsCC21DYk4dD4hRtwcUGnXQvalH1sKEAM
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
* Note that there's a bug that causes the roadmap to load slowly. To work around it, first click on "All boards", and then on "ROADMAP Anti-censorship team"
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/anti-censorship/gettor/boards
* Hiro is currently experimenting with gitlab.
* Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
---- 25th July 2019 ----
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
* Snowflake servers being blocked by Safe Browsing (#31230)
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
- Something you may need help with.
hiro: (gettor days are Thursday)
This week (2019-07-25):
- Deployed in-progress BridgeDB metrics patch to see if it suits our needs
+ Stumbled upon numerous bugs, many of which in BridgeDB
- Started working on PT spec improvements
+ https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/29285#comment:5 has become canonical list of spec issues
+ For now, based on our 1.0 spec, and hopefully find a way to merge it with the 2.x spec
+ https://dip.torproject.org/phw/torspec/tree/feature/29285 (work in progress)
- Will attend OTF summit in Taipei
+ Hopefully will push forward the "help NGO with private bridges" topic
- Filed #31228 for having a single Tor instance support, say, more than one obfs4 instances
- Resurrected #29480 to expose BridgeDB's assignments file again
+ Would allow bridge operators to see what bucket their bridge is in
- Updated obfs4 setup guide with notes on how it takes a while for a bridge to see traffic
- Help me improve https://dip.torproject.org/anti-censorship/state-of-censorship/blob/master/README.md
Gaba: (updated )
Last week ():
This week ():
- Worked on #28930
- Finished refactoring parts of #28930. Trying to figure out if we should begin the discussion on how PT's can report back on bootstrap info.
- Continued to work on a tool to convert Trac tickets into Gitlab tickets.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-07-25
- More PETS and travelling and recovering from travel
- worked on #31100
- review of #27385
- snowflake dogfood
- check in on pion proxy, and work on windows build (#28942 and #28942)
- sequencing layer for snowflake (#29206)
- prepare for CitizenLab Summer Institute
- review of #31100
week of 07/11 (actual):
- Stockholm meeting
week of 07/18 (actual):
- recovering from travel
week of 07/25 (planned):
- recovering from travel
- mostly sponsor31
- preparing for extended leave starting 07/29
- just some patch reviews (#31126, #31203)
- revisions to #30310
- start looking at the suggestions in #31109
- add a build step / documentation for code reuse in cupcake
- review of #31170
- review of #27385
Last week (since 2019-06-27):
- merged a compatibility fix for the Snowflake websocket server (#30998)
- closed a packaging issue in go-webrtc (not our bug, https://github.com/keroserene/go-webrtc/issues/89 )
- made a Firefox account for Snowflake add-on (#30931)
- reviewed port of proxy-go to pion (#28942)
- reviewed draft of Snowflake session layer (#29206)
- published sanitized pre-sanitization Snowflake broker logs (#30731)
- reviewed proxy-go test code (#30867)
- reviewed the CoffeeScript removal patch (#30933)
- fixed bugs in query string parsing in Snowflake proxy, thanks arlolra for review (#31126)
- started dealing with Snowflake infrastructure domains being blocked by Safe Browsing (#31230, #31231, #31100)
- Tor meeting, attended these anti-censorship sessions:
- mostly implemented a dark mode in the Snowflake addon (#31170)
- posted/archived stuff related to the Kazakhstan HTTPS MITM
- looked into the status of IPv6 for the Snowflake broker (#31203)
- fixed bugs in Parse.byteCount in the Snowflake addon, thanks arlolra for review (#31203)
- reviewed a Snowflake proxy localization patch (#30310)
- reviewed a draft of the Emma lightweight censorship analyzer (#30794)
- Metrics Timeline maintenance
- mostly offline, however hopefully experimenting with QUIC AMP etc.
- review #31100
- looks like dark mode will require icons that work on both light and dark (#31170)
More information about the tor-project