[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 18 July 2019
phw at torproject.org
Thu Jul 18 17:22:07 UTC 2019
Here are our meeting logs:
And here is our meeting pad:
ANTI-CENSORSHIP work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday July 18th 17:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 17:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/knaG2lEzepdsCC21DYk4dD4hRtwcUGnXQvalH1sKEAM
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
* Note that there's a bug that causes the roadmap to load slowly. To work around it, first click on "All boards", and then on "ROADMAP Anti-censorship team"
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/anti-censorship/gettor/boards
* Hiro is currently experimenting with gitlab.
* Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
---- 18th July 2019 ----
== Announcements ==
* Added Stockholm meeting notes to: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam#Tormeetingnotes
== Discussion ==
* Is this a good start?
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
- Something you may need help with.
hiro: (gettor days are Thursday)
This week (2019-07-18):
* Working with obfs4 bridge operators who couldn't get their bridge to run.
* Filed OONI ticket to have OONI measure reachability of STUN servers.
* Started working on a repository that keeps track of what's necessary to connect to Tor in censoring countries.
* Filed a ticket to get a new default obfs4 bridge running.
* Filed a ticket to have www services of anti-censorship team monitored.
* Wrapped up creation of docker image.
* Filed ticket for an easy-to-use bridge setup meta package in Debian.
* Read Matic et al.'s NDSS'17 paper and sent summary to anti-censorship-team at .
* Moved forward with understanding the "long tail" of network traffic (required for Sponsor 28).
* Attended Tor dev meeting in Stockholm.
* Sponsor 30 kick-off meeting.
* Had a chat with Antonela about UX challenges wrt bridges.
* Had a chat with Hiro about the future of GetTor.
* Had a chat with Nathan and Benjamin about ORbot and OnionBrowser.
* Had a chat with Tails folks about maintenance of obfs4proxy package.
* Had a chat with David about PT v2.0 and snowflake.
* Attended session on anti-censorship rapid response.
* Attended session on how to attract more snowflakes.
* Attended session about Tor's upcoming dev portal.
Gaba: (updated )
Last week ():
This week ():
- Worked on #28930
- Finished refactoring parts of #28930. Trying to figure out if we should begin the discussion on how PT's can report back on bootstrap info.
- Continued to work on a tool to convert Trac tickets into Gitlab tickets.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-07-18 (will try to attend but still at PETS)
- Tor Meeting and PETS
- deployed a proxy-go instance that uses pion/webrtc library (#28942)
- updated snowflake bridge survival guide instructions for new proxy-go instances
- starting sorting out webextension infinite loop bug (#31100)
- Still at PETS and then travelling/recovering from travel
- finish up addressing issues with #31100
- more dogfood
week of 06/13 (planned):
- mostly focusing on sponsor31
week of 06/13 (actual):
- cleaned up (and relinquished) more of my owned tickets
- mostly sponsor31 stuff (control.c refactoring)
week of 06/20 (planned):
- mostly sponsor31
week of 06/20 (actual):
- mostly sponsor31
- helped ahf with some bootstrap stuff
week of 06/27 (planned):
- mostly sponsor31
- a bit of snowflake webextension
- getting the webextension published (#30931)
- review #30934
- fixing our websocket server implementation (#30998)
More information about the tor-project