[tor-project] Tor's Defenders of Privacy Program

isabela isabela at torproject.org
Tue Jul 9 22:02:23 UTC 2019

Hello Tor!

Today we launched our Defenders of Privacy program, a monthly giving
program designed to honor donors who make privacy a priority.

We have so many people who support us with donations, and some folks has
signed up to give a small amount every month. These steady contributions
allow us to make long-term plans and to be agile with our development.

Because this type of contribution is so important to us, and for
privacy, we decided to honor these donors by giving them the ‘Defenders
of Privacy’ title :) and we will also be sending them exclusive gifts to
show our appreciation!

We are looking forward to building a strong base of Defenders of Privacy
to support Tor. Do you want to help us on this mission? Here is how you
can do it:

1) Maybe you would like to become a Defender of Privacy yourself ;) here
is the link for that: https://donate.torproject.org/monthly-giving;

2) You can invite a friend, a family member, or someone you know that
cares about privacy to join our program;

3) And you can help us spread the word! Share the donate page link  or
our social media posts
(https://twitter.com/torproject/status/1148581357502828545)

We will be at some events this summer with some cool patches as well for
folks who sign up as monthly donors. We will share more when we have the
schedule defined.

Cheers,
isabela