[tor-project] blog comment policy draft -- request for feedback

Steven Murdoch steven at murdoch.is
Tue Jan 15 17:57:43 UTC 2019

Hi Alison, all,

If you’re interested, the blog comment policy I wrote can be found here:
  https://www.benthamsgaze.org/contribution-policy/

Some of my one might not be relevant (e.g. I wanted the option to re-publish comments in an archival format). There’s also setting up the expectation that the moderator doesn’t have to get drawn into discussion over why a comment was deleted, which is sometimes helpful. A non-obvious point that might be worth considering is whether the moderator has the right to retain a published comment when the comment’s purported author asks for it to be removed. On occasion, someone asks for a comment to be removed but doing so would interfere with an important discussion, so I would like to have the option to keep the comment in such a case.

Best wishes,
Steven