[tor-project] Potential trademark violation - TOR Browser PRO

Nima Fatemi nima at torproject.org
Thu Jan 3 22:31:00 UTC 2019

> I did see a number of unauthorized t-shirts and hoodies online yesterday as well. I’ll add them to my list.

We send the letters to these apps so the snake-oil ones are pulled and
the ones that are legit, are more clear that they're not affiliated or
endorsed by the tor project, as there's a good chance of harming the
users who seek privacy and anonymity.

But why are we sending letters who print Tor tshirts and hoodies? Are we
gonna do the same with stickers too? I wonder what's the logic behind
that...

--
Nima
0X58C4B928A3E218F6 | @mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall