[tor-project] January 2019 in sysadmin land
linus at torproject.org
Tue Feb 12 07:35:33 UTC 2019
Here's what January looked like to the sysadmin team.
# What's been done
- Dealt with an unusual high frequency of hardware issues on physical
- Held a two days meeting in Brussels, just before FOSDEM, where a lot
of work got done. Minutes from the meeting can be found at
- Silvia Puglisi (hiro) has joined the sysadmin team!
- The ordinary resolving of requests and bug reports, as can be
followed better over at [tickets].
[minutes] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2019BrusselsAdminTeamMinutes[tickets] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/report/44
# Upcoming new things
- Migration of CiviCRM to new VM's.
- New VM for an evaluation of GitLab.
- Continue onboarding hiro.
# Fact of the month
We use icinga for checking the status of the systems we're
running. From the 42 types of checks we have defined, each system ends
up with a catalogue of 237 unique checks. Many of these checks are for
a certain service, like checking that backup files on the backup
storage system are current.
Tor sysadmins and service admins can be notified of problems in a
variety of ways -- f.ex. on a web page, by email or through an IRC bot.
More information about the tor-project