[tor-project] Problems fetching Debian package archive signing key (0xEE8CBC9E886DDD89)

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Mon Feb 4 22:00:56 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:47:09PM +0000, Matthew Finkel wrote:
> $ gpg --recv-key A3C4F0F979CAA22CDBA8F512EE8CBC9E886DDD89
> gpg: packet(13) too large
> gpg: read_block: read error: Invalid packet
>[...]
> If anyone has any ideas of how we should troubleshoot or fix this,
> that'd be helpful.
>[...]
> [0] https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/issues/57

Thanks Matt. I've been answering a couple of people a day in #tor who are
confused by this issue. As a stopgap, I've changed the instructions page:
https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian
to point people to a keyserver that doesn't (currently) have this bug.

Ultimately, I wonder if we should start providing a full keyring (text
file) that people can download from our website and import for themselves.

--Roger