[tor-project] Notes from Vegas Meeting DECEMBER 19 2019
ewyatt at torproject.org
Fri Dec 20 17:39:15 UTC 2019
Vegas Team Meeting Notes
DECEMBER 19 2019
+ NEW BUSINESS
- PSA: finished retirement of old IRC server (iranicum), everyone should now be using chives.torproject.org (AKA ircbouncer.tpo) instead. data will be deleted from server in 30 days, and from backup server in 60 days (#32281) only servers left on that host are "chiwui" (check.tpo, #29399) and gayi (svn.tpo, #17202) would love to retire the entire machine in january (#31686, 86EUR/mth!)
- major server crashes this week [anarcat]
+ GENERAL NOTES
1. Met w/ Justin from NYU
2. Created onion-advisors list for a group of people that can give me support while I am talking with folks interested in using our technology
3. Reviewed answers to SIDA regarding our report, working on blog posts for YE campaign, looking at the new version of OTF proposal
4. taking care of all the things before holidays
1. Online a limited time this week
2. Covering EOY social media, prepping blog posts
3. Drafting next newsletter
4. Submitted first Outreachy feedback. Have been working with annalee_ on initial tasks
1. wrapping up everything before vacations
2. built test server for mail service, R&D postponed to january (#30608)
3. postponed DMARC mailing list fixes to january (#29770)
4. dealt with major downtime at moly, which mostly affected the translation server (majus), good contacts with cymru staff
5. gitlab meeting
6. untangled monitoring requirements for anti-censorship team (#32679)
7. PSA: finished retirement of old IRC server (iranicum), everyone should now be using chives.torproject.org (AKA ircbouncer.tpo) instead. data will be deleted from server in 30 days, and from backup server in 60 days (#32281) only servers left on that host are "chiwui" (check.tpo, #29399) and gayi (svn.tpo, #17202) would love to retire the entire machine in january (#31686)
8. major server crashes this week
9. usual churn (puppet merge work, email aliases, DNSSEC rotation, documentation, OONI DNS, NC DNS, etc)
1. My laptop's drive ate itself. If there's a thing I was going to do for you, remind me.
2. I'm going to say yes to talk invites for export control conference and for ISAT workshop
1. working on IFF proposals
2. sent November report, writing December one which maybe will be a recap of 2019
3. S27 work, reviewed S9 public report, OTF TB proposal
4. reading other teams roadmaps and building the one for the ux team
1. Browser proposal reviews and revisions
2. S27 December report
3. Preliminary January roadmaps for teams
4. IFF proposal for State of the Onion
5. FOSDEM wrangling
6. Started Google Summer of Code wrangling
7. Redacted sensitive info from S9 report for wider sharing
8. AFK from 20th December - 6th January (at least)
1. Network team roadmapping meeting - https://nc.torproject.net/s/TGeW5CX4GqaagMN
2. Gitlab meeting
3. s30 & s28 tracking
4. Tor workshop at La Diaria's newsroom in Montevideo
5. Will be AFK from December 23rd until January 9th. You can reach out via signal if needed.
6. IPv6 project starts February 1st
1. Final push for EOY campaign. We are on track to raise at least $65K more than last year.
2. We've gained 250 new monthly donors since the start of the campaign who will generate $20K per year, if they stay on.
3. Will be online and available throughout the holiday, but Signal is the fastest way to reach me.
4. Setting up several meetings with large foundations in January. (Hewlett, Omidyar, Internet Society)
1. Submitted Sponsor2 report
2. Website Oracle Blog Post awaiting publish button
1. Reviewing Cleo Frontdesk replies and working on tasks to the end of year. Submitted Outreachy feedback.
2. Answered Sponsor9 questions.
3. Online meetings with local trainers.
4. We had Global South IRC meeting this week.
6. Working on IFF proposal and waiting for more information about our Villa.
1. Team has done some roadmapping for next couple of months, when we are in between grants. Thanks to ahf and gaba!
2. Preparing to go offline for vacation interval. Back in January. Please use signal if I'm needed; I will be putting all Tor email into an "AfterVacation" mailbox, starting this weekend.
1. Good progress on TTP grant, still on track \o/
2. Business as usual with sponsor 28 and 30
1. Roadmap session with the network team went really well. We now have a roadmap for the network team until our next dev meeting. Thanks a lot to Gaba for running that smoothly!
2. Been listening in on Georgetown interviews for the Shadow Developer hire. Progress is being made there as well.
3. FOSDEM devroom talk was approved.
4. Productive Gitlab meeting with Hiro, Anarcat, Catalyst, Pili, and Gaba.
5. Really looking forward to relax with family soon and then off to 36c3 on the 26th of December. I will check IRC in this period, but only socially and probably at weird times. Use Signal if there is anything urgent.
1. Added two new graphs on BridgeDB requests to Tor Metrics.
2. Started analyzing Rob's relay flooding experiment.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 874 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
More information about the tor-project