[tor-project] gitlab next

Gaba gaba at torproject.org
Tue Dec 17 16:03:42 UTC 2019

El 12/12/19 a las 12:02 PM, Gaba escribió:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks everybody for the help on finding issues in the gitlab migration
> [0]. We are going to be meeting next week to check on what is the status
> of this migration and look at other issues that came up in the last
> couple of weeks [1][2]. Anybody interested in this is invited to
> participate.
>
> Meeting will be on
>
> 	December 17th, at 15UTC in #tor-meeting
>

> Agenda and notes will be on: https://pad.riseup.net/p/pKCLewB9RpyjJfRP6X26
>
> cheers,
> gaba
>
> [0] https://pad.riseup.net/p/gitlab-migration-problems
> [1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/32197
> [2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/32730

Hi!

Log of this meeting:
http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-12-17-15.01.log.html

Notes in the pad:

Agenda Gitlab next steps

December 17th, at 15UTC in #tor-meeting

    where the migration is at?

    issue with merge requests:

    omnibus

    support to gitlab: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/32730

    hardware requirements

    next steps?

References

Problems reported: https://pad.riseup.net/p/gitlab-migration-problems
Planning document (not updated yet):
https://nc.torproject.net/s/3MpFApQ7cwfrPZE

Notes

1. Migration:

    - ahf did a 'test-migration' and we all found some issues:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/gitlab-migration-problems

    - Next step: ahf fixed some of this stuff in the script and this
week will be run again.

2. Merge Requests:

    - we will move away from the salsa setup and get the
recommended/classic one with omnibus

    - test Omnibus package setup in a new VM

    - if it works then move into not using salsa

Next step: Getting other instance gitlab-02 working

    Steps:

    - Get instance gitlab-02 running on XX domain (without salsa setup)

    - Migrate from dip into instance gitlab-02

    - Shutdown dip

    - Get dip.torproject.org pointing to instance gitlab-02

When: in January when we are all back.
Who: Hiro

5. Hardware requirements

Next step: Hiro and Anarcat will sit down and think about this. We will
need more hardware than what is currently provisionned on gitlab-01, so
maybe do this when we get gitlab-02 provisioned.

cheers,
gaba

--
Project Manager: Network, Anti-Censorship and Metrics teams
gaba at torproject.org
she/her are my pronouns
GPG Fingerprint EE3F DF5C AD91 643C 21BE  8370 180D B06C 59CA BD19