[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 12 Dec 2019

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Thu Dec 12 18:56:36 UTC 2019

Here are our meeting logs:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-12-12-17.59.html

And here is our meeting pad:

Anti-censorship work meeting pad
--------------------------------

Next meeting: Thursday December 12th 18:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 18:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

== Goal of this meeting ==

Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.

== Links to Useful documents ==

    * Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/boards
        * Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
    * The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
    * GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/groups/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor-project/-/boards
    * Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
    * Projects from sponsors we are working on:
        * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor30
        * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/Sponsor28

---------------------------
---  12th December 2019 ---
---------------------------

== Announcements ==

    *

== Discussion ==

    * What BridgeDB-internals should we export as metrics?
        * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/31422
    * Let's talk about monitoring needs for anti-censorship: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/32679
    * cohosh: what logs/information from the old broker do I need to preserve before decommissioning it (#32502)? Does /home/snowflake-broker (includes metrics.log) and /var/log/snowflake-broker (includes server output) suffice?

== Actions ==

    *

== Interesting links ==

    * https://danishpraka.sh/2019/12/07/using-makefiles-for-go.html
    * https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/masque/NRW2wg3-xg6JZ2MVwdGyJ1LF7XI

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
    Help with:
         - Something you may need help with.

Hiro:
    Started restoring Twitter Responder.
        When retrieving tweets I need to check for new tweets only otherwise Gettor will end up responding to old back log and already answered messages. <-- is this #27330 ?
    Next Week:
      - Work on gettor specs <-- Is this #3781?
      - More with review of strings and website content and translation

phw:
  This week (2019-12-12):
        * Filed #32679 to get a monitoring system that the anti-censorship team can control.
        * Reviewed #32480, #32300, and #29259.
        * Discussed partially-redundant bridge authority with gman999 and updated #31878.
        * Will give talk in Austria at securityforum.at
        * Wrote monthly team report.
        * Made a small fix for obfs4 docker image in #32550.
        * Lots of work on porting BridgeDB to Python 3.
            * Some API issues, plenty of string-related issues.
            * Unit test errors down to 300 :) :(
  Next week:
        *
  Help with:
        * #30716 (took the liberty of adding cohosh as a reviewer)

Gaba: (updated October 30th)
   Last week ():
            * grants writing
    This week (planned):
            * gitlab migration: look at issues and problems in gitlab.

cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-12-12
Last week:
    - merged snowflake test coverage improvements (#29259, #32300)
    - worked on a fix for gettor update script filling up disk space (#32712)
    - thought about how to tackle gitlab provider for gettor (#32711)
    - filed a gettor ticket for keeping track of provider reachability (#32716)
    - reviewed #32499 and #30716
    - ran some tests for #31971
    - continue snowflake health checks and looked at censorship in china (#32657)
    - continued looking into Windows issue (#31971)
    - worked on grant

This week:
    On vacation Dec 13 - Jan 1 (inclusive). Reachable by signal if it's urgent, will occassionally check email

Help with:
    - review of #32712

arlolra: 2019-12-12
    Last week:
        - merged #32499
    Next week:
        - read up on turbo tunnel
        - pick a new task (#31902, #31201, #19026, ?)
    Help with:
        -

dcf: 2019-12-12
    Last week: