[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 12 Dec 2019
phw at torproject.org
Thu Dec 12 18:56:36 UTC 2019
Here are our meeting logs:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday December 12th 18:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 18:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/boards
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/groups/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor-project/-/boards
* Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
* Projects from sponsors we are working on:
--- 12th December 2019 ---
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
* What BridgeDB-internals should we export as metrics?
* Let's talk about monitoring needs for anti-censorship: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/32679
* cohosh: what logs/information from the old broker do I need to preserve before decommissioning it (#32502)? Does /home/snowflake-broker (includes metrics.log) and /var/log/snowflake-broker (includes server output) suffice?
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
- Something you may need help with.
Started restoring Twitter Responder.
When retrieving tweets I need to check for new tweets only otherwise Gettor will end up responding to old back log and already answered messages. <-- is this #27330 ?
- Work on gettor specs <-- Is this #3781?
- More with review of strings and website content and translation
This week (2019-12-12):
* Filed #32679 to get a monitoring system that the anti-censorship team can control.
* Reviewed #32480, #32300, and #29259.
* Discussed partially-redundant bridge authority with gman999 and updated #31878.
* Will give talk in Austria at securityforum.at
* Wrote monthly team report.
* Made a small fix for obfs4 docker image in #32550.
* Lots of work on porting BridgeDB to Python 3.
* Some API issues, plenty of string-related issues.
* Unit test errors down to 300 :) :(
* #30716 (took the liberty of adding cohosh as a reviewer)
Gaba: (updated October 30th)
Last week ():
* grants writing
This week (planned):
* gitlab migration: look at issues and problems in gitlab.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-12-12
- merged snowflake test coverage improvements (#29259, #32300)
- worked on a fix for gettor update script filling up disk space (#32712)
- thought about how to tackle gitlab provider for gettor (#32711)
- filed a gettor ticket for keeping track of provider reachability (#32716)
- reviewed #32499 and #30716
- ran some tests for #31971
- continue snowflake health checks and looked at censorship in china (#32657)
- continued looking into Windows issue (#31971)
- worked on grant
On vacation Dec 13 - Jan 1 (inclusive). Reachable by signal if it's urgent, will occassionally check email
- review of #32712
- merged #32499
- read up on turbo tunnel
- pick a new task (#31902, #31201, #19026, ?)
- turbo tunnel in meek
- decommission old broker (#32502)
- turbo tunnel in meek
- turbo tunnel in Snowflake
More information about the tor-project