[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 22 Aug 2019
phw at torproject.org
Thu Aug 22 18:06:46 UTC 2019
Here are our meeting notes:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday August 22nd 17:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 17:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/boards
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor/boards
* Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
---- 22nd August 2019 ----
== Announcements ==
Please remember to update roadmap (what you are working from roadmap on in column 'doing') https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/-/boards
== Discussion ==
* Gettor roadmap: let's clean it up. What we should be working on next?
* Release engineering for BridgeDB, snowflake, GetTor
* E.g., when should we be doing new releases?
* Snowflake website translation https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/31384#comment:2
* Experience with BridgeDB's anti-bot mechanism
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
- Something you may need help with.
hiro: (gettor days are Thursday)
gettor-web: updates to documentation and website (current website is outdated)
fix pipeline. Talk to browser team about the recommended version file format (so that our scripts do not break)
how to make deployment easier. can it be done via jenkins? ci?
use archive.org as new distribution endpoint: upload files to archive.org
review specs: are specs up-to-date? should we change something in the specs?
review request channels: We are currently only using email. Is it worth to have a chat bot on twitter to distribute links? should we consider other chat platforms instead?
Past week: on vaca!
This week (2019-08-22):
* Released BridgeDB version 0.8.0, containing:
* Metrics patch
* Anti-bot mechanism
* Fix broken vanilla IPv6 distribution
* Uses stem instead of leekspin to create test descriptors (simplifies CI)
* Made BridgeDB sync bridge assignments to metrics server again
* Set up decoy bridge that's handed out to BridgeDB crawlers
* Filed https://bugs.torproject.org/31460 for snowflake
* Moving forward with "set up new bridges" campaign
* More work on obfs4 improvements
* Is https://bugs.torproject.org/31460 a problem?
* Review for https://bugs.torproject.org/17626
Gaba: (updated August 22nd)
Last week ():
* added september issues to the gitlab kanban board https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/-/boards
This week (planned):
ahf - on leave
- Worked on #28930
- Finished refactoring parts of #28930. Trying to figure out if we should begin the discussion on how PT's can report back on bootstrap info.
- Continued to work on a tool to convert Trac tickets into Gitlab tickets.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-08-15
- snowflake dogfood
- updated snowflake client version in TB (#31403)
- review of bridgedb tickets (#9316, #22755)
- filed a torspec PR for the snowflake broker metrics spec (#31407)
- /metrics handler for collector (#31376)
- worked on sequencing layer (#29206)
- updated broker and bridge to get certs for torproject.net domains
- did a measurement to check in on snowflake client bootstrap failures (#31385)
This week (PTO 19 Aug - 22 Aug):
- snowflake dogfood
- look at go module support for rbm (#28325)
- sequencing layer for snowflake (#29206)
- review of bridgedb ticket #31252 and snowflake ticket #30310 << gaba: that one is not a snowfalke ticket, right? >>
- look more at bootstrap failures (#31385)
- review of /metrics handler (#31376)
- review of broker metrics torspec (#31407) (probably from net-team)
- review of snowflake client version bump (#31403) (probably from applications team)
- take a look at and approve https://github.com/cohosh/snowflake/compare/domain
week of 08/22 (planned):
- reorienting after leave
- mostly sponsor31 stuff
- more revisions to #30310
- add a build step / documentation for code reuse in cupcake
- make an attempt at #31391
- another review of #30310
- merged Snowflake dark mode (#31170, #31453)
- filed tickets for a Go net/http security vulnerability (#31454, #31455, #31456)
- published Turbo Tunnel (sequencing/reliability for pluggable transports) document https://github.com/net4people/bbs/issues/9
- catch up on tickets (#29430, #30126, #31232, #31285, #31278, #31376, #31385, #30310, #31380, #31460, #31464, #31465)
- redeploying Snowflake servers for Go net/http DoS vulnerability (#31454)
Help with: let's sync on S30 work - what is needed on my side?
More information about the tor-project