[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 15 Aug 2019

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Thu Aug 15 17:29:42 UTC 2019

Here are our meeting logs:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-08-15-16.59.html

And here's our meeting pad:

Anti-censorship work meeting pad
--------------------------------

Next meeting: Thursday August 15th 17:00 UTC

Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 17:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).

== Goal of this meeting ==

Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.

== Links to Useful documents ==

    * Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/roadmap/boards
        * Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
    * The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
    * GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/anti-censorship/gettor/boards

    * Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority

---------------------------
----  15th August 2019 ----
---------------------------

== Announcements ==

    * We have torproject.net domains for the snowflake broker and bridge! (thanks to anarcat)

== Discussion ==

    *

== Actions ==

    *

== Interesting links ==

    * USENIX Security'19 and FOCI'19 papers are out:
        * https://www.usenix.org/conference/foci19/workshop-program
        * https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity19/technical-sessions

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.
    Next week:
        - What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
    Help with:
         - Something you may need help with.

hiro: (gettor days are Thursday) - on leave
    This week:
    Next week:
    Past week:

phw:
  This week (2019-08-15):
        * Worked with FreeBSD obfs4 operator: realised that FreeBSD's pf may cause issues with loopback communication
        * Incorporated feedback for https://bugs.torproject.org/9316
        * Worked with our prospective new default bridge operator: https://bugs.torproject.org/31164
        * Drafted blog post for our "set up new obfs4 bridges" campaign
        * Implemented anti-bot mechanism for BridgeDB: https://bugs.torproject.org/31252
            * Allows you to return decoy bridges to bot requests
  Next week:
  Help with:
        * Review for https://bugs.torproject.org/31252

Gaba: (updated August 15th)
   Last week ():
            * s28
    This week (planned):
            *

ahf - on leave
    Last week:
        - Worked on #28930
    This week:
        - Finished refactoring parts of #28930. Trying to figure out if we should begin the discussion on how PT's can report back on bootstrap info.
        - Continued to work on a tool to convert Trac tickets into Gitlab tickets.

cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-08-15
Last week:
    - snowflake dogfood
    - updated snowflake client version in TB (#31403)
    - review of bridgedb tickets (#9316, #22755)
    - filed a torspec PR for the snowflake broker metrics spec (#31407)
    - /metrics handler for collector (#31376)
    - worked on sequencing layer (#29206)
    - updated broker and bridge to get certs for torproject.net domains
    - did a measurement to check in on snowflake client bootstrap failures (#31385)
This week (PTO 19 Aug - 22 Aug):
    - snowflake dogfood
    - look at go module support for rbm (#28325)
    - sequencing layer for snowflake (#29206)
    - review of bridgedb ticket #31252 and snowflake ticket #30130
    - look more at bootstrap failures (#31385)
Help with:
    - review of /metrics handler (#31376)
    - review of broker metrics torspec (#31407) (probably from net-team)
    - review of snowflake client version bump (#31403) (probably from applications team)
    - take a look at and approve https://github.com/cohosh/snowflake/compare/domain

catalyst: - on leave
    week of 07/11 (actual):
        - Stockholm meeting
    week of 07/18 (actual):
        - recovering from travel
    week of 07/25 (planned):
        - recovering from travel
        - mostly sponsor31
        - preparing for extended leave starting 07/29

arlolra: 2019-08-15
    Last week:
        - revisions to #30310
        - start looking at the suggestions in #31109
        - more review of #31170
    Next week:
        - add a build step / documentation for code reuse in cupcake
        - make an attempt at #31391
    Help with:
        - review of #30310

dcf: 2019-08-08
    Last week:
        - branch for Snowflake dark mode (#31170)
    Next week:
        - will be at FOCI/Usenix security
    Help with:
        - there is something wrong with Golang and the macOS SDK in #30126 that I haven't looked at yet

antonela: 2019-08-08
    Help with: let's sync on S30 work - what is needed on my side?