[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 1 Aug 2019
phw at torproject.org
Thu Aug 1 17:36:28 UTC 2019
Here are our meeting notes:
And here is our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday August 1st 17:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 17:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
* Our anti-censorship roadmap: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/knaG2lEzepdsCC21DYk4dD4hRtwcUGnXQvalH1sKEAM
* Our roadmap consists of a subset of trac tickets.
* Note that there's a bug that causes the roadmap to load slowly. To work around it, first click on "All boards", and then on "ROADMAP Anti-censorship team"
* The anti-censorship team's wiki page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam
* GetTor's roadmap: https://dip.torproject.org/anti-censorship/gettor/boards
* Tickets that need reviews: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=needs_review&component=%5eCircumvention&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=reviewer&order=priority
---- 1st August 2019 ----
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
* Gettor seems to be down #31307
* Roadmap: how are we doing? Is everybody ok for me to organize it in gitlab instead of storm?
* trac updated it under keyword anti-censorship-roadmap: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~anti-censorship-roadmap&col=id&col=summary&col=keywords&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
* We should at least follow the standardisation process.
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to anti-censorship work).
- Something you may need help with.
hiro: (gettor days are Thursday)
This week (2019-08-01):
* Filed #31250 for snowflake.
* Filed #31252 for snowflake.
* Reviewed Tor Research Safety Board submission.
* Proof-read Roger's DEFCON slides.
* Revised BridgeDB patch for #9316 and sent summary of preliminary results to tor-dev at .
* Inspired by Karsten's feedback, thought about how to implement aggregate statistics.
* Got the commit bit for the website and updated obfs4 setup guide.
* Added a work-in-progress wiki page on retiring pluggable transports:
* Read new IETF MASQUE proposal and subscribed to their mailing list:
* Here's a summary: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/anti-censorship-team/2019-July/000027.html
* Started working on improving flow obfuscation in obfs4:
* Realised that obfs4's iat=1 mode sends 1350-byte (instead of 1500-byte) packets on both Linux and Windows? Trying to figure out why.
* A little bit more work in improving PT spec based on the issues we collected:
Gaba: (updated August 1st)
Last week ():
This week (planned):
* hopefully will get into the roadmap
* hopefully move forward organizing s30
- Worked on #28930
- Finished refactoring parts of #28930. Trying to figure out if we should begin the discussion on how PT's can report back on bootstrap info.
- Continued to work on a tool to convert Trac tickets into Gitlab tickets.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-08-01 (will try to attend, but at CLSI)
- CLSI (31 July - 2 Aug)
- talk preparation
- checked on pion proxy and made progress towards windows build
- review of #27385 and merges
- review of some racecar reports/documents
- going to be on vacation Aug 5 - Aug 7
- snowflake dogfood
- finish windows build of pion branch (#28942 and #28942)
- sequencing layer for snowflake (#29206)
week of 07/11 (actual):
- Stockholm meeting
week of 07/18 (actual):
- recovering from travel
week of 07/25 (planned):
- recovering from travel
- mostly sponsor31
- preparing for extended leave starting 07/29
- review of #31170
- deployed #27385
- revisions to #30310
- start looking at the suggestions in #31109
- add a build step / documentation for code reuse in cupcake
- maybe more review of #31170
- merged some refactoring for Snowflake dark mode (#31170)
- reviewed proxy deadlock fix (#31100)
- finish Snowflake dark mode (#31170)
More information about the tor-project