[tor-project] Notes from April 25 2019 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Apr 26 06:42:08 UTC 2019

Notes for Apr 25 2019 meeting:

Alison:
1. Tor Meeting planning
- How do we feel about this agenda layout (from Tails)?
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2019Stockholm/DailyAgenda
- roadmapping
- plenaries
- soliciting feedback from teams
2. all LFI all the time

Pili:
1) Catching up from vacations
2) S27 Roadmapping
3) Submitted Google Season of Docs application \o/
4) Getting to grips with anticensorship proposal again

Steph:
1) interview in mozilla internet health report out yesterday
2) event prep and coordination: def con, NYC fundraiser, swiss uni
conference
3) newsletter coming soon
4) met with BPL librarians, may collaborate with FPF on a workshop
5) helping with community portal, reviewing illos and copy
6) experimenting with google nonprofit setup
7) press inquiry from meduza

Nick:
1) Back from short break; catching up with code
2) working with gaba and team to make sure we do the most valuable S19
stuff before the contract closes.

Georg:
1) back from vacation and catching up on All The Things
2) 8.5a11 got out and we hope to build 8.5 next week
3) dealing with bug bounty paperwork

Sarah:
1) Helping with edits to anticensorship proposal that was approved.
2) Setting up back-end process to regularly invite donors to become
monthly givers.
3) Applying to King County employee giving program.
4) Creating plan to solicit funds from for-profits.
5) Met with Michael Brennan from Ford.
6) Al submitted a proposal for $100K for general operating funds to
Wallace Global Foundation

isabela:
1) had a great meeting with Michael Brennan from Ford - will go back
there to present my vision in June
2) working on DRL anti-censorship proposal review (we had a call w/ DRL
this week too)
3) working on documentation for board meeting
4) reviewed 2 grant proposals to private foundations for general ops
fund and comms fund

Karsten:
1) Made progress on three new graphs on user-perceived performance:
worst-case bandwidth, worst-case latency, more detailed failures and
timeouts.
2) Moving forward with adding bandwidth files to Tor Metrics: currently
working on metrics-lib parser and CollecTor protocol change.

Mike:
1) Preparing for tor-scalability meeting tomorrow. Have initial
experiments page with a couple experiments ready to send around today.
2) Sponsor2 work

Antonela:
1) Working on #30000 for desktop.
2) Working on #27399, #29955 for TBA release.
3) Working on OONI ux labeled tickets to release Explorer.
4) Worked on torproject.org/download related tickets.
5) Coordinated user research with Nah in Colombia. She is traveling with
gus.
6) Syncing with Caroline about reporting and next travels.
7) Worked with Al reviewing O3 for DRL.
8) I'm writing 8 peer-reviews.
9) Meetings and moar meetings this week.

Gaba:
1) helping with DRL anti-censorship proposal
- now figuring out security code audit (to bridgedb, tor browser?) that
will be needed once grant is over (GeKo: I am fine with Tor Browser
getting reviewed, (of course!); I think it would be really neat to have
someone looking at BridgeDB code, though. Firefox code is getting
heavily scrutinized already and the browser is a pretty big project, so
the return we get from the audit might be bigger with BridgeDB.)
2) following scalability conversation
3) sponsor 27
4) checking on nextcloud
5) adjusting network team roadmap with nick
6) writing 8 peer reviews.

Erin:
1) general HR stuff